Device Manager wont show both Quadro RTX 6000 s

Go to solution Solved by porina,

Try both cards, one at a time, in the top slot. Verify they both work.

Try both cards, one at a time, in the 2nd slot. Verify they both work.

We can take it from there.

Idk any of you guys can help but, I've got a machine with two Quadro RTX 6000 in it. They have an NVLink as well, and my problem is that they are not both showing up at once. Some things I've tried to resolve the problem my self include updating drivers, swapping card spots, using one card and not the other, not using NVLink, uninstalling drivers and reinstalling, replacing power cables, and some vigorous modifying of setting. In all cases I just couldn't get it to show and use both cards, now something I noticed was that in the process of using one card and not the other, the card in the second slot flickered every few seconds (Maybe that slot is broke?), and I should mention that in the past this machine has ran fine using 2 Quadro P4000s with an SLI bridge. Both cards are definitely on because they both turn on their fans. The card that isn't recognized seems to generate quite a bit of heat I've noticed, but that could also just be coincidence I suppose. I'll include the specs to the system below, if anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate it.

why do you have quadro's and a consumer i7? an old one at that? somehow i don't believe this. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

why do you have quadro's and a consumer i7? an old one at that? somehow i don't believe this. 

I can attach pictures, That's just how the system is it was originally made with a single P4000, and has been upgraded in terms of GPU capabilities a lot. It's used for SW so it doesnt need a good CPU, but it also has to run light analysis, sim, and visual renderings in SWV which need some hardcore GPU abilities. Any ideas about how to solve my actual problem would be nice.

IMG_20200729_014025.jpg

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

I'll give that a go and get back to you

1 hour ago, porina said:

So I tried that and the solution somehow presented it's self. In doing what you said, after trying each one individually and in each slot, I put both in together, but reverse of how it originally was in my photo, and boom it worked. Thank you, I was a little worried because the company I work with has a big light analysis project due Friday and without this I doubt we'd get it done in time

Just now, PeytonG said:

So I tried that and the solution somehow presented it's self. In doing what you said, after trying each one individually and in each slot, I put both in together, but reverse of how it originally was in my photo, and boom it worked. Thank you, I was a little worried because the company I work with has a big light analysis project due Friday and without this I doubt we'd get it done in time

I wonder if it was as simple as a loose connection somewhere? Just putting them in again might have been enough to make the difference. Good to know it worked out for you regardless.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible