wet towel at exhaust of PC?

dfsgsfa
1 minute ago, dfsgsfa said:

even some delay in room heating is already a success, so why not?

You won't feel a difference if you left the computer on with the fan at max all day and changed the towel every ten minutes.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

you left the computer on with the fan at max all day and changed the towel every ten minutes.

most users stress pc for just a few hours, and you cant dry a towel with a hairdryer in 10 min.

have some common sense plz

10 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

most users stress pc for just a few hours, and you cant dry a towel with a hairdryer in 10 min.

well if you are really insistent on doing it then ofc we are not going to stop you but as other have said it will probably make little difference and make the temps inside your computer hotter

in fact thats probably where most of the improvement will come from that the hot air is trapped inside of your computer

9 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

"have some common sense plz" he says yet he makes a thread asking if he can blow air on a wet towel to cool down his room lol

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Oswin said:

the towel will become warmer overtime, i dont see how it would work as a barrier, at least it might be for a short while

Evaporation cools its surroundings, the towel would lower in temperature over time as long as it still has moisture in it.

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

sounds like those advices some middle aged ladies give on weekly magazines like having crystals next to your bed so you sleep better or heating a plant pot with a candle to create a heater that will heat up your whole room, and the classic run a copper tube through a fan and a bucket of ice to create an air conditioner. 

Now, what do all those have in common? they're useless. 

This example by OP may not provide much of a return, but evaporative cooling is definitely a thing. It’s how people air condition their homes in many areas.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20