Gaming Rig - 1500€ - Last thoughts before ordering

Schokio

Hello guys,
I plan to order my parts today and would like to have someone look over my selected parts. I have already used the Graphics Card/Motherboard VRM and PSU Tier list to choose my preferred parts.

Budget (including currency): ~1500€ - Currently sitting at 1600€

Country: Germany (ordering from mindfactory and alternate; pcpartpicker isn't showing these sites in most cases(they are the cheapest for me))

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Wide range of games

Other details Currently using a 2560x1080 60Hz Monitor, planning on using it for up to 1-2 years. Gonna buy a WQHD after that. I don't play on gaming on everything Ultra Settings, 100 FPS etc. I just plan on going for high/ultra and stable 60 FPS.

After using all the tier lists, and deciding against waiting for the 30XX series (yea, my choice, call me stupid or not :/) I came to the following.

Parts in BOLD are kinda already chosen (most preferred).

I'd really appreciate help for the last decision on my build. Thanks :)
PS: My best feelings are telling me to go for a 3600.

@BlueScope819
Yeah I know that. We already talked about this topic. I spent my last week further on this topic.
It's all based on speculations. Yes, there is 30% to 50% performance increases expected. But at which final cost? I highly doubt that Nvidia is going to sell the new 3060, like the 2060 at beginning.

Furthermore, if we expect that it behaves like every previous release. Aren't the 3080 series the first getting released, and the 3060 series 2-3 months after?
And another question that I asked myself - Am I even a user or do I have a usecase for the upcoming GPU Series? - Well Raytracing surely gets better, but that's something that I won't be using anyways. 20XX is still the highest series that you can get right now, and it isn't that they won't be able to run 60FPS in 1-2 years anymore.

And still, if the cards are getting all released at the same time, and have the same prices as the cards previously had on launch. Well then I could still sell my then used card, and would lose a small bit of money in this regard. But if they cost more than everyone expected? Well then, I see myself kind of a winner in the situation to not get the way NVidia want its customers to be.

You should wait for the new cpus and gpus, but if I aren’t then this is what I would change:

• 32gb ram is unecessary for gaming
  • 3600 can run all games without struggling, so that should be fine
  • the 2070 super performs slightly better and has raytracing, and DLSS 2.0 but you should get the rx5700xt if it’s significantly cheaper 
  • The ROG Strix B550-f gaming is better than the MSI MPG B550 boards

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

@Shrekpad @BlueScope819

I really thank you both for your opinions on the upcoming GPU and CPU. I don’t wanna be unrespectful towards your opinion, but I am just tired of this already. I had this same topic, when I bought my last pc 6 years ago, and I didn’t regret anything.Everyone is telling me a different thing depending on the forum asking, but in the end it’s my problem to deal with. I took arguments from both side and came to the conclusion that it doesn’t fit for my pleb use case.

@Shrekpad

Where is the difference that makes the Strix B550-F better than the MPG B550 boards? 

33 minutes ago, Shrekpad said:

The ROG Strix B550-f gaming is better than the MSI MPG B550 board

If it's a Gaming Plus, yeah, otherwise it's not, at least strictly in terms of VRM.

Considering your use case and what else you said in your post here, for a little under €1500 here's what I'd recommend:

Or, you could try fitting a 2080 Super in there:

Alternatively you could be looking at a 10600K and good Z490 combo if you're looking to get every last frame possible in games, but considering the 10600K is about as expensive as the 3700X, you'd need to do some sacrifices elsewhere in the build.

I would also recommend waiting a couple more months, at least for Ampere and RDNA2 GPUs. Or maybe going with a cheaper card like a 1660 Super now, selling it later and upgrading to a next-gen graphics card - I'd expect RTX 2000 series to have quite poor resell value once these new GPUs come out.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

@Mateyyy

Thanks for your post. Unfortunally the Fractal Case isn‘t in stock anywhere here. It’s expected to be on stock in 1-2 months.

@BlueScope819

Sorry for that. It was a typo and is already fixed. 

1 minute ago, Schokio said:

@Mateyyy

Thanks for your post. Unfortunally the Fractal Case isn‘t in stock anywhere here. It’s expected to be on stock in 1-2 months.

In that case, the 500DX you picked is also solid. Some other solid alternatives would be Phanteks' P300A, P400A and upcoming P500A.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Just now, Schokio said:

@Mateyyy
Thanks for you help!

No problem.

What MSI B550 board were you looking at getting, exactly?

Just now, Mateyyy said:

What MSI B550 board were you looking at getting, exactly?

B550 Gaming Carbon WIFI

Just now, Schokio said:

B550 Gaming Carbon WIFI

That's a very solid board, albeit slightly overpriced for a B550, as in (going by MSRP) you can get an X570 Tomahawk for the same price.

I'd probably go for either a B550 Aorus Pro AC (or non-AC if you don't need WIFI) or a B550 Gaming Edge WIFI (or Tomahawk if again you don't need WIFI). The Gaming Carbon has even stronger power delivery compared to the Gaming Edge, but the Edge is already able to handle a 3950X with PBO enabled just fine, same with the B550 Aorus Pro.

And if the Strix B550-F is the same price as the Gaming Carbon, then yeah I'd say the Gaming Carbon is the better deal (with the caveat that the MSI board is on 2.5Gb Realtek LAN instead of 2.5Gb Intel on the Strix, but reportedly there were some problems with Intel's 2.5G LAN at least for early adopters, they might've been since resolved).

@Mateyyy
I'm just giving you the prices that are available for me rn.
MAG X570 Tomahawk WIFI - 197€

MPG B550 Gaming Carbon - 208€
B550 Aorus Pro AC - 191€
MPG B550 Gaming Edge - 182€
ROG Strix B550-F Gaming - 194€
MAG B550 Tomahawk - 169€

Currently I am using a WLan Stick from AVM - if you know that brand, dunno if its known outside of germany

Also is the Fractal Design Ion+ fine enough? - It will be around 105€ - others like the bequiet straight power 11 gold or Bitfenix Formula Gold are sold out for around 2 months aswell

47 minutes ago, Schokio said:

@Mateyyy
I'm just giving you the prices that are available for me rn.
MAG X570 Tomahawk WIFI - 197€

MPG B550 Gaming Carbon - 208€
B550 Aorus Pro AC - 191€
MPG B550 Gaming Edge - 182€
ROG Strix B550-F Gaming - 194€
MAG B550 Tomahawk - 169€

Currently I am using a WLan Stick from AVM - if you know that brand, dunno if its known outside of germany

Also is the Fractal Design Ion+ fine enough? - It will be around 105€ - others like the bequiet straight power 11 gold or Bitfenix Formula Gold are sold out for around 2 months aswell

Wow, if the X570 Tomahawk's available for 197 euro, then I'd definitely grab that quickly. It's pretty funny that it's cheaper than the B550 Gaming Carbon actually.

The Ion+ is solid quality; the Corsair RMx is just very slightly better, except for the efficiency, but it's not something that'd make a difference.