ALSA don't recognize my usb external card and get only internal mics on reaper

hi all! to better explain my situation:

1. i'm on manjaro (latest version on official website) the PC is an old thinkpad T61 
2. i'm using an external usb audio device (tascam us-800)
3. i need to record my 6 channels using REAPER
4. i've already downloaded all i need (jack2 etc etc)
5. i've set already myself inside the group "@audio" and set the rtprio limit to 95 and the memlock to unlimited in the /etc/security/limits.cfg file

6. to start right the jackd server i use jackd -R -d alsa in order to "force" the server to work realtime using the alsa drivers
7. then i open the qjackctl and to swap the "default" alsa driver to dummy then back to alsa because it's "bugged", doing this swap it allows me to change the alsa interface from (default) to my usb card
8. i've set the priority to 85 in the advanced settings of jack, then set up the channels I/O to 8 for the imputs and 2 for the outputs, saved the profile and closed settings
9. restarted the jack server
10. then i open reaper and set jack as audio system, set my channels to 8 and 2, auto start jackd leaving black the launch command, enabling the "auto-connect jack audio channels to hardware", enabling "auto-suspend pulseaudio" and "disable power management if supported" and apply everything
11. when i add a track and select the imput reaper gives me the feedback of the internal microphone

please help i'm going to bang my head against the wall soon if i can't find a solution -.- it's driving me crazy lol

Metalhead with a huge itch for PC gaming, video editing and audio recording, currently playing in a band and pwning n00bs in the summoners rift ;)

I am actually a little confused. Lets start with this.

Does the usb audio device initially show up as a audio device?

It appears to be fairly old tech based on my search results for the device and should be supported, assuming support wasn't dropped.

I will also give you a fair warning that Jack is fairly unsupported and is very finicky. I probably won't be much help on the jack side of things. I am also unfamiliar with reaper.

3 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

I am actually a little confused. Lets start with this.

Does the usb audio device initially show up as a audio device?

It appears to be fairly old tech based on my search results for the device and should be supported, assuming support wasn't dropped.

I will also give you a fair warning that Jack is fairly unsupported and is very finicky. I probably won't be much help on the jack side of things. I am also unfamiliar with reaper.

you mean on pulseaudio? 

though, yes, i can see my usb sound card everywhere in all the apps i have (pulseaudio, jack and alsamixer)

Metalhead with a huge itch for PC gaming, video editing and audio recording, currently playing in a band and pwning n00bs in the summoners rift ;)