Ghetto Turbo Cooling

Welp i had enough of overheating in case with this summer heat so i took out sidepanel and manually conected Fans to PCIE 10volt rail cable .. and put a switch for the most noisy under the monitor so i had it on desk :D

When u just wanna watch movie is nice to shut that hooler down and enjoy sillent whooshing of automatic fan control curve when idle is not much noisy .. but then i game on GPU .. chipset and CPU heating is a issues

btw .. FX - 8300 Boost 4.2Ghz  with OC rx 5600 XT can work as heater when is chilled outside .. done that with Overclocked FX - 4300 at 4.6Ghz that was nice heat comming forom that CPU

116043071_735117573984438_5150550129380433498_n.jpg

116115553_197273025071403_8241696382641534666_o.jpg

116122080_197272871738085_7275418668688012303_n.jpg

Amd Ryzen 5 5600 Zen 3 OC 4.6Ghz 

RTX 3070 gaming gigabyte 

32GB patriot 3600 MHz 

Casual gamer since dune 2 and wolf 3d and dukem nukem 3d

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/apokhallipsa/saved/j4rn23

Way back when I got a fan running at 17v - sounded like a hair dryer lol 🤣

It was so fast that the system couldn't pick up the RPMs and the fan itself overheated so I had to thermal-glue a mini-heatsink to it and opened a couple holes on the top of the center mount (where the magnets/motor are).

Anyway can't you use an app like MacsFanControl that would ramp up the fan when it reaches a higher temp then go back down when it's idle?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 8:41 AM, caincha said:

Way back when I got a fan running at 17v - sounded like a hair dryer lol 🤣

It was so fast that the system couldn't pick up the RPMs and the fan itself overheated so I had to thermal-glue a mini-heatsink to it and opened a couple holes on the top of the center mount (where the magnets/motor are).

Anyway can't you use an app like MacsFanControl that would ramp up the fan when it reaches a higher temp then go back down when it's idle?

I have fan control on MB but this i hooked up on second PCIE rail a put switch on in really wantech quick physical solution and bit ghetto im MacGyver sucker this way i have direct control under my monitor .. i like classic solutions maybe when i get new Mb or PC im gonna do something else rn is heat really bad and even case needed to be opened cause of heat ... i admit is little bit junky .. but it works and dont looking on clean solution in present time .. maybe after summer when air cool down a little .. sure maybe i should control hooked up and rmp reduction put in program .. yet its a lot of work .. so im glad PC is working even with demanding game .. because i had some crashes before until i made this solution .. when i got some free time and get bored .. gonna do something different .. time will tell .. system fans around CPU are hooked up to control and they ramp up when heat goes up .. but strongest fans are separate power rail right now .. soo better have manual switch like next to my hand than screw around hi-tech way :))

RTX 3070 gaming gigabyte 

32GB patriot 3600 MHz 

@apoKhallipsa

Well if you want to go through the hassle - and I do appreciate the sentiment believe me :) - why don't you try and hook your fans @17v like I mentioned?

Do a 'test-drive' with just the fan turned on to see how warm its motor goes and see if it'll need some tiny 'scoops' on the top of the centre mount to cool it off… It's a hassle but it's also a learning experience so if you do have the time the spare fans (just in case you fry it lol) and are willing I'd say go for it and post pictures here :D 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 12:19 AM, caincha said:

@apoKhallipsa

Well if you want to go through the hassle - and I do appreciate the sentiment believe me :) - why don't you try and hook your fans @17v like I mentioned?

Do a 'test-drive' with just the fan turned on to see how warm its motor goes and see if it'll need some tiny 'scoops' on the top of the centre mount to cool it off… It's a hassle but it's also a learning experience so if you do have the time the spare fans (just in case you fry it lol) and are willing I'd say go for it and post pictures here :D 

I'm gonna meddle with some more but not much kuse use 12v from psu and it was kinda ghetto solution for summer. Now with fx 8300 temps are OK only thing that makes lot of heat is gpu tho so I just put big fan on manual switch when I game lol 

RTX 3070 gaming gigabyte 

32GB patriot 3600 MHz