Upgrade changed nothing

Cillian04
Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,
1 minute ago, Cillian04 said:

How could I check this 

Did you fresh install windows or not?

Did you install AMD drivers on top of Nvidia drivers or not?

Regarding memory, you can check by going Task manager -> Performance Tab -> Memory

The whole memory issue was assuming your windows was fresh and/or there were no conflicts with drivers.

I recently upgrade from a athlon 3000g and a gforce 1030 2gig to a Ryzen 5 2600x and rx580 8gig but nothing has changed. My motherboard is an A320M-H and it is detecting both parts but games are still choppy and unplayable and AMD settings has not installed on my pc and when I installed AMD software it installed but sated there was a problem with my GPU. Can anyone help me 

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

sounds like you might need to start with a fresh windows install

I only recently installed windows when installing the GPU 

Just now, Cillian04 said:

I only recently installed windows when installing the GPU 

You need to reinstall the OS, update the BIOS, Install the latest chipset drivers from AMDs site and install the latest VGA drivers. Then, monitor your temperatures to make sure the cooler is properly mounted.

6 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

sated there was a problem with my GPU

what problem did it say? is it detected correctly in radeon adrenalin software? do you have the latest driver installed?

you might need to do a bios update as well

ddu the drivers again, make sure xmp/docp is on. 

temps?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

what problem did it say? is it detected correctly in radeon adrenalin software? do you have the latest driver installed?

you might need to do a bios update as well

It is error code 207 and now it won’t let me into the software as the drivers don’t match but I’m device manager it says it is updated fully 

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You need to reinstall the OS, update the BIOS, Install the latest chipset drivers from AMDs site and install the latest VGA drivers. Then, monitor your temperatures to make sure the cooler is properly mounted.

I updated the bios yesterday it is version f50 how do I uninstall the os and where do I install the VGA drivers from

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

ddu the drivers again, make sure xmp/docp is on. 

temps?

Not sure about the temps and how do I turn them on in ddu 

10 hours ago, Cillian04 said:

Not sure about the temps

use something like hwinfo to monitor them.

do I turn them on in ddu 

ddu (display driver uninstaller) the drivers.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

use something like hwinfo to monitor them.

ddu (display driver uninstaller) the drivers.

I have the software just not sure how to do it within the software 

just not sure how to do it within the software 

ddu? 

you can always watch a video on how to use it.

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

ddu? 

you can always watch a video on how to use it.

Will do 

31 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

I recently upgrade from a athlon 3000g and a gforce 1030 2gig to a Ryzen 5 2600x and rx580 8gig but nothing has changed. My motherboard is an A320M-H and it is detecting both parts but games are still choppy and unplayable and AMD settings has not installed on my pc and when I installed AMD software it installed but sated there was a problem with my GPU. Can anyone help me 

There's not enough info to really say. However, a few things are worth noting.

First, the multi-core performance difference between the two CPUs is huge, but the single-core is less impressive. I mean you do get a bump, but it's not going to be a huge difference. Games still lean heavy on single-core performance, so you might not notice much of a difference here, depending on the particular game(s).

Second, the 580 is roughly twice the 1030 in performance, but that only really shakes out if you run the games with the same settings. If you were low everything with the 1030, and then bumped the settings to high with the 580, then framerate-wise, it'll probably be a wash. I've found most games I play automatically adjust graphical quality settings based on the detected card, so even if you didn't change it yourself, it's possible the game realized you had a better card and adjusted the settings accordingly to make use of it. While it's a significant improvement for you, the 580 is still not a great card, so it's going to struggle with modern games at high settings.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

59 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

I updated the bios yesterday it is version f50 how do I uninstall the os and where do I install the VGA drivers from

Create a bootable USB drive and install a fresh untucked copy of Windows. Your current OS is a mess of firmware, software and drivers.

4 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

There's not enough info to really say. However, a few things are worth noting.

First, the multi-core performance difference between the two CPUs is huge, but the single-core is less impressive. I mean you do get a bump, but it's not going to be a huge difference. Games still lean heavy on single-core performance, so you might not notice much of a difference here, depending on the particular game(s).

Second, the 580 is roughly twice the 1030 in performance, but that only really shakes out if you run the games with the same settings. If you were low everything with the 1030, and then bumped the settings to high with the 580, then framerate-wise, it'll probably be a wash. I've found most games I play automatically adjust graphical quality settings based on the detected card, so even if you didn't change it yourself, it's possible the game realized you had a better card and adjusted the settings accordingly to make use of it. While it's a significant improvement for you, the 580 is still not a great card, so it's going to struggle with modern games at high settings.

Even on low settings the the games live warzone and fortnite still are choppy and don’t run well even when it shows high frames 

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Create a bootable USB drive and install a fresh untucked copy of Windows. Your current OS is a mess of firmware, software and drivers.

Where should I get the download from??

45 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

Where should I get the download from??

Microsoft

Seems like I'll be the first to ask

How much RAM and how many memory sticks and what speed/configuration is it in?

IB single channel 2133mhz

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Microsoft

Perfect and how do I uninstall my current os 

50 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Seems like I'll be the first to ask

How much RAM and how many memory sticks and what speed/configuration is it in?

IB single channel 2133mhz

8 gig single channel at 2400MHz

3 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

First off, did you even download + install the latest graphics card drivers?

They can be found on AMD's very own website...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Try that first.

If it doesn't work, THEN reinstall Windows.

When you boot from the USB stick, it will ask if you want to do a fresh Windows install...it will wipe the HDD clean for you, before installing.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

4 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Try that first.

When you boot from the USB stick, it will ask if you want to do a fresh Windows install...it will wipe the HDD clean for you, before installing.

He installed them on top of the old Nvidia driver. He's made a MASSIVE mess

8 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

You format the drive

4 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

Try that first.

I do have the drivers installed because when I try update them in device manager it says they r up to date but when I try to get into AMD Software it says the drivers don’t match and should i delete my current windows of my usb stick first