Upgrade changed nothing

Cillian04
Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,
1 minute ago, Cillian04 said:

How could I check this 

Did you fresh install windows or not?

Did you install AMD drivers on top of Nvidia drivers or not?

Regarding memory, you can check by going Task manager -> Performance Tab -> Memory

The whole memory issue was assuming your windows was fresh and/or there were no conflicts with drivers.

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

If you run out of physical memory, windows will use your hard drive/local storage as virtual memory and this is called the page file.

Those storage devices are much slower than RAM, so it's possible this is happening. 

Even more likely if your BIOS is still somehow reserving 2gb for the iGPU from your APU.

Look at windows performance and tell us how much memory you have available and how much is hardware reserved.

There is 48.6mb hardware reserved 

2 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

There is 48.6mb hardware reserved 

Give the reinstall a whirl. Let us know results.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Give the reinstall a whirl. Let us know results.

So how should I go about that 

So how should I go about that 

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

And what about the current os I have 

3 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

And what about the current os I have 

Back up anything you don't want to delete

And during the install, select the current drive when you choose installation path. it will wipe it.

25 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Back up anything you don't want to delete

And during the install, select the current drive when you choose installation path. it will wipe it.

Perfect I think I will clear the pc first 

Just now, Cillian04 said:

Perfect I think I will clear the pc first 

Reset this PC usually does the trick too. It *should* just reinstall the whole thing.

But I haven't tried it myself. I'm just too set in my ways.

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Reset this PC usually does the trick too. It *should* just reinstall the whole thing.

But I haven't tried it myself. I'm just too set in my ways.

Like it should re install windows and what about my drivers will I need to re install then 

Like it should re install windows and what about my drivers will I need to re install then 

Yes

11 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Yes

What should I chose cloud download:download and re install windows or local reinstall: reinstall windows from this device 

What should I chose cloud download:download and re install windows or local reinstall: reinstall windows from this device 

DId you make a USB install media already?

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

DId you make a USB install media already?

Yes I already have one on a usb 

Yes I already have one on a usb 

may be able to just choose download and then skip that part since you already have it

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

may be able to just choose download and then skip that part since you already have it

Done that fingers crossed 🤞 

23 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

And wait do I need to reinstall my mobo and GPU drivers 

And wait do I need to reinstall my mobo and GPU drivers 

mobo drivers are optional, but GPU drivers are necessary. then whatever else you need to use.

35 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

mobo drivers are optional, but GPU drivers are necessary. then whatever else you need to use.

But they 100% get deleted and when I reinstall them hopefully things will run smoother

Your issue is 100% the fact you have 8 gigs of slow ram with a ryzen cpu. Get 16 gb dual channel 3200 mhz ram and problem solved

22 hours ago, Cillian04 said:

I only recently installed windows when installing the GPU 

Its all about windows

When i replaced my old gtx 650 with a new card i reinstalled windows and it worked fine.

And 3 days ago when i replaced my old i5 3550 with a new 10600k, i didnt reinstall windows and it actually caused my overclock to be unstable.

Did a fresh install and it works amazing.

Reinstall windows and instaol all of the drivers.

It will most likely fix everything

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, HardStroke said:

Its all about windows

When i replaced my old gtx 650 with a new card i reinstalled windows and it worked fine.

And 3 days ago when i replaced my old i5 3550 with a new 10600k, i didnt reinstall windows and it actually caused my overclock to be unstable.

Thank you so much I reset my pc and reinstalled windows through that should that work or should I install windows from the website 

On 7/25/2020 at 10:30 AM, johnsoner13 said:

Your issue is 100% the fact you have 8 gigs of slow ram with a ryzen cpu. Get 16 gb dual channel 3200 mhz ram and problem solved

Perfect will do that when possible 

On 7/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, HardStroke said:

Its all about windows

I reset my pc and reinstalled windows through that should that work or should I do a fresh install from the website and how do i uninstall my current os 

32 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

I reset my pc and reinstalled windows through that should that work or should I do a fresh install from the website and how do i uninstall my current os 

When you into the setting up windows screen you have an option the choose what drive you want to install the new os on

Choose the drive with your current oc

Press format

Install the new os

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee