Upgrade changed nothing

Cillian04
Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,
1 minute ago, Cillian04 said:

How could I check this 

Did you fresh install windows or not?

Did you install AMD drivers on top of Nvidia drivers or not?

Regarding memory, you can check by going Task manager -> Performance Tab -> Memory

The whole memory issue was assuming your windows was fresh and/or there were no conflicts with drivers.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

He installed them on top of the old Nvidia driver. He's made a MASSIVE mess

Should I just factory rest my pc

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

He installed them on top of the old Nvidia driver. He's made a MASSIVE mess

Should I factory rest my pc 

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You format the drive

I don’t understand 

4 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

Should I just factory rest my pc

No, set up a USB with a fresh clean OS image and install it over your current one. That'll nuke the old OS

22 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

8 gig single channel at 2400MHz

Pretty sure this is a big part of your poor performance.

Slow, low capacity, single channel RAM is probably your bottleneck. If you get another stick or replace with a 16GB stick of 3200mhz RAM, it will probably greatly improve your performance.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Pretty sure this is a big part of your poor performance.

Slow, low capacity, single channel RAM is probably your bottleneck. If you get another stick or replace with a 16GB stick of 3200mhz RAM, it will probably greatly improve your performance.

It 100% will but I think a game like fortnite should be able to run with the equipment I have 

12 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No, set up a USB with a fresh clean OS image and install it over your current one. That'll nuke the old OS

Would formatting my pc do anything or resetting it 

Just now, Cillian04 said:

It 100% will but I think a game like fortnite should be able to run with the equipment I have 

You are probably hitting a capacity wall also, and swapping to page file which is causing the bad performance.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

You are probably hitting a capacity wall also, and swapping to page file which is causing the bad performance.

Page file??

2 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

Would formatting my pc do anything or resetting it 

2 minutes ago, Cillian04 said:

Page file??

If you run out of physical memory, windows will use your hard drive/local storage as virtual memory and this is called the page file.

Those storage devices are much slower than RAM, so it's possible this is happening. 

Even more likely if your BIOS is still somehow reserving 2gb for the iGPU from your APU.

Look at windows performance and tell us how much memory you have available and how much is hardware reserved.

7 hours ago, boggy77 said:

sounds like you might need to start with a fresh windows install

Also, based on this I am assuming everything is on a fresh windows install; however, the way you're responding makes me wonder if this is indeed a fresh install or if like @5x5 said, you are installing drivers on top of drivers.

If that's the case, either a clean windows install or at least a proper DDU should help.

Just now, Mister Woof said:

Also, based on this I am assuming everything is on a fresh windows install; however, the way you're responding makes me wonder if this is indeed a fresh install or if like @5x5 said, you are installing drivers on top of drivers.

If that's the case, either a clean windows install or at least a proper DDU should help.

Could I factory rest my pc and then install windows again 

7 hours ago, Cillian04 said:

I only recently installed windows when installing the GPU 

er, this

6 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

If you run out of physical memory, windows will use your hard drive/local storage as virtual memory and this is called the page file.

Those storage devices are much slower than RAM, so it's possible this is happening. 

Even more likely if your BIOS is still somehow reserving 2gb for the iGPU from your APU.

Look at windows performance and tell us how much memory you have available and how much is hardware reserved.

How could I check this 

Could I factory rest my pc and then install windows again 

It would be like adding more oil into your car engine when its low and then immediately changing it

just change it

It would be like adding more oil into your car engine when its low and then immediately changing it

just change it

So just re install windows 

How could I check this 

Regarding memory, you can check by going Task manager -> Performance Tab -> Memory

The whole memory issue was assuming your windows was fresh and/or there were no conflicts with drivers.

6 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

There is a fresh windows install but I did install drivers on top of drivers

There is a fresh windows install but I did install drivers on top of drivers

then use DDU to remove the old ones.

I did still games r not working properly 

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

I did should i factory rest my pc and a fresh os install

I did should i factory rest my pc and a fresh os install

You could.

If you already DDU'd and are still experiencing problems, it's a last try attempt to rule out software.

Can you quickly report the memory display as I explained?

12 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

You could.

If you already DDU'd and are still experiencing problems, it's a last try attempt to rule out software.

Can you quickly report the memory display as I explained?

Yep no problem one second