Lenovo Legion 7i: No vapor chamber for 1660ti, 2060 models despite marketing materials claiming otherwise

codeHusky
16 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

When you consistently have good experience with one brand and sometimes maybe get a problem, that's not brand loyalty. That's sticking with statistics. When laptop literally disintegrates while in service for another problem, that's just shit vendor I'm gonna avoid in a huge arch and not gonna try my chances with it most likely ever again.

And yet my company deploys literally thousands of lenovo desktops and laptops with next to no issues. 

So yeah, you had a bad personal experience. You can avoid them, but to claim that no one cares about them is pushing into realms of hyperbole. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

And yet my company deploys literally thousands of lenovo desktops and laptops with next to no issues. 

So yeah, you had a bad personal experience. You can avoid them, but to claim that no one cares about them is pushing into realms of hyperbole. 

Not disagreeing, but let's make sure the decade old wisdom gets heard in the back:

COMPANIES ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS

There are one-off models that end up a dud. Happens with any manufacturer. But almost always the low-end cheap units are trash; specifically Lenovo's IdeaPads and Dell Inspirons 11 units with 32GB eMMC storage which is as slow as an IDE HDD.

It's borderline criminal to be manufacturing new e-waste.

Only hyperbole here is you claiming I even said that no one cares about them. I only asked if anyone cares. I don't care what bricks Lenovo sells for corporate use, all the consumer ones felt cheap, plasticky and from my experience the internals were trash too. And they seem to flood market with trillion models that are seemingly the same yet aren't by some tiny differences that stores always fell to specify properly for some reason. And they are always cheaper than the rest. Like, always. Thin whatever you want, I have astronomical trust issues with Lenovo and I'm not gonna touch them anytime soon.

34 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Only hyperbole here is you claiming I even said that no one cares about them. I only asked if anyone cares. I don't care what bricks Lenovo sells for corporate use, all the consumer ones felt cheap, plasticky and from my experience the internals were trash too. And they seem to flood market with trillion models that are seemingly the same yet aren't by some tiny differences that stores always fell to specify properly for some reason. And they are always cheaper than the rest. Like, always. Thin whatever you want, I have astronomical trust issues with Lenovo and I'm not gonna touch them anytime soon.

I'm fairly sure everyone in the history of the internet who's ever asked "does anyone care about X" is actually trying to say "nobody cares about X."

Regardless, stores messing up very clear specifications that are easy to retrieve via PSREF is on them. Also, Lenovo having a lot of different products isn't inheritly a bad thing, lol. They aren't the bogeyman, they're a company that sells laptops.

13 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Does anyone even care about the 7i?

No 

Spoiler

Unfortunately 

it’s intels fault 

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler