Should I return it?

donut32

Hello.

So, I bought the seasonic Core GC-500. I found some positive russian and korean reviews about it. That said, I cannot find any reputable english reviews. Should I return it?

Here are the reviews that I found:

https://occlub.ru/testodrom/42914-seasonic-core-gc-500-i-gc-650-obzor-100-bjudzheta-kuda-nuzhno

https://gamezoom.net/artikel/Seasonic_Core_GM_650W_Test_Review-45117-0

http://www.coolenjoy.net/bbs/review/760163?p=1

Thanks for the advice.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

It's a solid unit, no need to worry.

Tnx for the reply.

no need to worry

thats my go to psu in that price point, i build 3pcs with that psu for my clients

CPU Ryzen 5 3500 @4.1Ghz 1.05v || Motherboard MSI B450-A PRO MAX || RAM G.Skill SniperX 2x8GB 3600Mhz C19 || GPU iChiLL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB X3 || Case Fractal MiDi R2 || Storage 860 EVO 500GB - HDS72101 - WD10EZEX WD10EARS - WD30EZRX - ST4000NM003 - 2x ST4000DM004 || PSU Corsair RM550 || Display(s) LG 22MP65HQ - AOC 1670SWU || Cooling Corsair H110i GT || Keyboard Topre Type Heaven || Mouse Logitech G403 Prodigy || Sound Khastadio CS-01 - KZ ZSN || Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1903

9 minutes ago, ayazam said:

no need to worry

thats my go to psu in that price point, i build 3pcs with that psu for my clients

Thank you for the info.

My friend also uses the same PSU and it hasn't troubled him much so you can continue with it. Just make sure your warranty documents are well in place for any sort of issues.

1 minute ago, appr3ntic3 said:

My friend also uses the same PSU and it hasn't troubled him much so you can continue with it. Just make sure your warranty documents are well in place for any sort of issues.

Ok, thank you.

1 hour ago, donut32 said:

For the record, scratch that Gamezoom 'review' off, it's not a review, it's just a pile of thoughts and randomly generated data accompanied by stolen pictures. The last picture there is of transient filter of Seasonic Focus even, as evident as green colored, multi-layer PCB (whereas Core is single-layer) and different heatsinks. And their ripple data is just hilarious to look at.

Speaking of PSU in question, we really don't know if it's really that good or not, reviews so far suggest that it's not crap at least so maybe as a budget option it should be okay.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

They are kind of popular-were popular in the last few months- locally. Mostly due to BF formula not being available& other lesser units costing the same, or even more.

I would not worry about it, neither would I recommend you to return it.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

1 hour ago, donut32 said:

Tnx for the reply.

No problem. From what I've seen and heard, it's a solid mid-range unit. Not as good as a Corsair RMx but not as low end as a CX model for example.

53 minutes ago, Juular said:

Speaking of PSU in question, we really don't know if it's really that good or not, reviews so far suggest that it's not crap at least so maybe as a budget option it should be okay.

^ pretty much this.

If you're not using super power hungry components (Vega 56/64, 10900K, etc), I wouldn't go out of my way to return it, it's probably a good unit in its price bracket.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 hours ago, Juular said:

For the record, scratch that Gamezoom 'review' off, it's not a review, it's just a pile of thoughts and randomly generated data accompanied by stolen pictures. The last picture there is of transient filter of Seasonic Focus even, as evident as green colored, multi-layer PCB (whereas Core is single-layer) and different heatsinks. And their ripple data is just hilarious to look at.

Wich reviews are you referring to? Cause I found only the listed ones.

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

^ pretty much this.

If you're not using super power hungry components (Vega 56/64, 10900K, etc), I wouldn't go out of my way to return it, it's probably a good unit in its price bracket.

I will be using ryzen 5 3600, gtx 1660S, 16 gigs, of ram. is that fine?

2 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

They are kind of popular-were popular in the last few months- locally. Mostly due to BF formula not being available& other lesser units costing the same, or even more.

I would not worry about it, neither would I recommend you to return it.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, donut32 said:

I will be using ryzen 5 3600, gtx 1660S, 16 gigs, of ram. is that fine?

Yeah it's fine.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

@jonnyGURU Sorry for the ping, but do you have any experience with Seasonic Core series?

5 hours ago, donut32 said:

@jonnyGURU Sorry for the ping, but do you have any experience with Seasonic Core series?

Nope.  Haven't gotten one yet.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Nope.  Haven't gotten one yet.

ok, thanks.