3900X and H100i issues?

Ok guys.

So seems everything is okay with my new build except that I'm concern with 3 things (noted in picture).

BIOS is reporting that fans on pump rotate at around 3600 rpm which I suppose is a lot,and same report I got in HWinfo (noted as "2") but I get different readout under "3".

So which is exact measure of rpm of these fans on AIO?

H100i is connected to CPU Header on MoBo.

I'm also concern with utilization of CPU in W10 noted as "1".

If it's 0% utilization why does 3900X ran at 3.8GHz.

It never goes below 3 GHz.

I think it should work below 1 GHz when in idle.

How can I make when 0% utilization to work below 1GHz like my 6700K?

Are these temps okay while in idle for 3900X (pic 2)?

problemcici.jpg

temp.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

If Corsair's software is good at one thing, it's probably actually accurately telling you the speeds of your H100i's fans and pump. Don't use it for any other metrics though.

Task manager's unreliable in general, for Ryzen it's probably even more so. Update your chipset drivers and use the Balanced power plan.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Update BIOS and chipset driver and use Ryzen Master to track thermals and idles. Other software can't track Ryzen unless the CPU is in a max performance state.

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If Corsair's software is good at one thing, it's probably actually accurately telling you the speeds of your H100i's fans and pump. Don't use it for any other metrics though.

Task manager's unreliable in general, for Ryzen it's probably even more so. Update your chipset drivers and use the Balanced power plan.

what sofware do I need to install?

Corsair Link?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Update BIOS and chipset driver and use Ryzen Master to track thermals.

I installed latest drivers from website of MoBo.

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I installed latest drivers from website of MoBo.

Those are ancient. Use the ones on AMDs site.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Those are ancient. Use the ones on AMDs site.

do I need to uninstall previous or just overwrite with new ones?

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

what sofware do I need to install?

Corsair Link?

Link or iCUE or whatever - what you need to download should be specified in the manual.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

do I need to uninstall previous or just overwrite with new ones?

Uninstall first, install later.

And get Ryzen Maater

you should install 2 things

corsair's propietary software
ryzen master

ryzen's idle speed isnt like intel's its different
what you should take a look for is when you full throttle it (100% usage)

CPU Ryzen 5 3500 @4.1Ghz 1.05v || Motherboard MSI B450-A PRO MAX || RAM G.Skill SniperX 2x8GB 3600Mhz C19 || GPU iChiLL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB X3 || Case Fractal MiDi R2 || Storage 860 EVO 500GB - HDS72101 - WD10EZEX WD10EARS - WD30EZRX - ST4000NM003 - 2x ST4000DM004 || PSU Corsair RM550 || Display(s) LG 22MP65HQ - AOC 1670SWU || Cooling Corsair H110i GT || Keyboard Topre Type Heaven || Mouse Logitech G403 Prodigy || Sound Khastadio CS-01 - KZ ZSN || Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1903

DRV_Chipset_AMD_AM4_B550_TP_W10_64_V20409131_20200709R

This is the package I installed from Asus website...damn is this driver for B550?

7 hours ago, ayazam said:

you should install 2 things

corsair's propietary software
ryzen master

ryzen's idle speed isnt like intel's its different
what you should take a look for is when you full throttle it (100% usage)

what to use?

Prime95?

On 7/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, frozensun said:

what to use?

Prime95?

a simple CinebenchR20 on loop is enough to look for the max boost clock and max sustain voltages
then you can try to undervolt those voltages, but keeping the max boost clock, try it in ryzen master, and keep it as a profile
so you would get lower temps at all core boost

heres a tip, when you dont use your ryzen on cpu intensive program (eg non allcore programs) leave it at stock,
but when you want to play a game or program that cpu intensive (eg rendering adobe premier), turn on your saved all core profile that you saved in ryzen master

ive tried it and its pretty funny,
when im just doing daily things, browsing etc, the cpu temps goes up to 55-57c 🔥
when im using it for cpu-intensive programs, i turn on my profile, and the cpu temps never goes to 55c 🤣
yeah i know, im just using a 6core6thread cpus, but you could calculate what an undervolt do to your cpus temp

CPU Ryzen 5 3500 @4.1Ghz 1.05v || Motherboard MSI B450-A PRO MAX || RAM G.Skill SniperX 2x8GB 3600Mhz C19 || GPU iChiLL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB X3 || Case Fractal MiDi R2 || Storage 860 EVO 500GB - HDS72101 - WD10EZEX WD10EARS - WD30EZRX - ST4000NM003 - 2x ST4000DM004 || PSU Corsair RM550 || Display(s) LG 22MP65HQ - AOC 1670SWU || Cooling Corsair H110i GT || Keyboard Topre Type Heaven || Mouse Logitech G403 Prodigy || Sound Khastadio CS-01 - KZ ZSN || Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1903