Rx 5600xt or rtx 2060

Hello i built my pc and it worked fine for a few days then it started crashing after a few minutes, turns out the gpu was faulty (it was a gigabyte gaming oc triple fan rx 5600 xt). I want to return it but idk if i should get another rx 5600 xt or a different card like the rtx 2060 or gtx 1660 ti

If you want to still go with a 5600XT, get a Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Dragon, as those come with the 14Gbps vBIOS out of the box, meaning it performs about on par with a 2060. Without that, it's closer to the 1660 Super or 1660Ti.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

Hello i built my pc and it worked fine for a few days then it started crashing after a few minutes, turns out the gpu was faulty (it was a gigabyte gaming oc triple fan rx 5600 xt). I want to return it but idk if i should get another rx 5600 xt or a different card like the rtx 2060 or gtx 1660 ti

Are you happy to accept that one faulty example of a card is as much a fluke as a total bust?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

6 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Are you happy to accept that one faulty example of a card is as much a fluke as a total bust?

No im just asking if those other 2 are better and if i should buy them instead

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you want to still go with a 5600XT, get a Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Dragon, as those come with the 14Gbps vBIOS out of the box, meaning it performs about on par with a 2060. Without that, it's closer to the 1660 Super or 1660Ti.

1.I live in australia and i cant find any powercolour cards

2. Sapphire pulse model is very expensive where i live for some reason

3 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

No im just asking if those other 2 are better and if i should buy them instead

Rogue DOA items exist with any product... one bad example is NOT indicative of every card being a bad one.

Even Rolls Royces break down - it just never makes the news...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

4 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

1.I live in australia and i cant find any powercolour cards

2. Sapphire pulse model is very expensive where i live for some reason

2. Pandemic supply & demand fallout; you seen the prices of PSU's...?

WHY NOT...?!

6 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Rogue DOA items exist with any product... one bad example is NOT indicative of every card being a bad one.

Even Rolls Royces break down - it just never makes the news...

I never said that, i just said is the rtx 2060 or 1660 ti better than the 5600xt

4 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

I never said that, i just said is the rtx 2060 or 1660 ti better than the 5600xt

Reliability...? No-one can give you a 100% guarantee.

Performance of a working unit?  What with...?

EDIT:

Capability within a specific game...? Again, what one & what target resolution...?

WHY NOT...?!

Personally I would go for the rtx 2060, if you can manage to find one in stock at a fair price that is

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

5 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Reliability...? No-one can give you a 100% guarantee.

Performance of a working unit?  What with...?

are you not read what OP is asking?

he wants to get a new card, he's asking which is better a NEW 5600xt, a NEW 1660ti or a NEW 2060.

back to OP. get either the 2060 or 5600XT, which ever is cheaper and in stock at the time of purchase, they are close enough to each other that it wouldn't make a huge difference.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

are you not read what OP is asking?

My take is that OP wants a cast iron reliability guarantee of a card working, based off a DOA of a single card.

If the question IS 'Should I have bought the 5600XT in the first place (even if it wasn't DOA)...?'. then I didn't see that as being asked.

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

My take is that OP wants a cast iron reliability guarantee of a card working, based off a DOA of a single bad card.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion...

"I had a 5600XT that broke, so i'm going to take it back and get a new card, should i get another 5600xt or something like a 2060 or 1660ti?"

They are referring to performance, you're reading into a context that isn't there.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

15 minutes ago, thedangerine said:

Personally I would go for the rtx 2060, if you can manage to find one in stock at a fair price that is

The rtx 2060 ko from evga is a few dollars cheaper than the gigabyte gaming oc 5600xt

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion...

"I had a 5600XT that broke, so i'm going to take it back and get a new card, should i get another 5600xt or something like a 2060 or 1660ti?"

They are referring to performance, you're reading into a context that isn't there.

Thank you for understanding the question

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

should i get another 5600xt

... of the same brand?

... of another brand?

Having worked in retail, it's a viable option to exchange like for like on DOA.

Objection to this could easily have cemented a dislike of a whole brand based on a single DOA example... it happens.

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

... of the same brand?

... of another brand?

Objection to this could easily be based on bad experience of a whole brand based on a single DOA example... it happens.

One of my cousins refuses to buy from EVGA because he had one bad experience with them on replacing a dead gpu under warranty, this happened like 10 years ago at least and I was like dude that was one time and I have heard a lot of good stuff about their customer service I doubt you will have another experience like that. My dad is the same way with HP again from a bad experience from well over 10 years ago, like give them another shot geez

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Just now, thedangerine said:

One of my cousins refuses to buy from EVGA because he had one bad experience with them on replacing a dead gpu under warranty, this happened like 10 years ago at least and I was like dude that was one time and I have heard a lot of good stuff about their customer service I doubt you will have another experience like that. My dad is the same way with HP again from a bad experience from well over 10 years ago, like give them another shot geez

There you go...

WHY NOT...?!

3 hours ago, Eighjan said:

... of the same brand?

... of another brand?

Objection to this could easily have cemented a dislike of a whole brand based on a single DOA example... it happens.

who cares? a 5600xt is an 5600xt

OP was considering getting another 5600XT BECAUSE the other one broke, but wantd to know if a 2060 or the 1660ti would be a better option.

Their question has nothing to do with any of what you're saying.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒