ATH m40x vs m50s

nixproducer

i Was Looking Into Getting The ATH m50s with the strait cable because i do not really like the coiled cable then i the new ones came out but i do like the removable cable of the m50x but the price increase was not worth it to me, but then i saw the new m40x and they look pretty much the same and the do everything that the m50s do and they have a removable cable and they are cheaper than the m50s , but they do not come out until the 19th ( at least on amazon ) so i was just wondering what the differences were because the m40x are much more affordable to me and they do not look that different and i am not the familiar with audio i was just wondering what they were, thanks

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

they are the same except the cable and the earcups and headband have been made more comfortable

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Honestly the SRH440 would be a better bet then the M40x, and has all the same features and will sound better. 

M50 and M40 are both flat but the M50 has a more punchy low end. While the M40s have a more punchy mid/high. From what I've noticed. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

M50 and M40 are both flat but the M50 has a more punchy low end. While the M40s have a more punchy mid/high. From what I've noticed. 

M50's are far from flat. 

M50's are far from flat. 

Well M50s are "suppose" to be flat. Sennheisers are more flat to be honest. But meh.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well M50s are "suppose" to be flat. Sennheisers are more flat to be honest. But meh.

Sennheisers aren't flat either. (HD 380 is, but ssshhh)

Really the 7506 is a better flat headphone.