Another candidate for "First Phone" after initial condidate was KILLED by parents..

Hold-Ma-Beer
Go to solution Solved by Hold-Ma-Beer,

Got the Nord, but thank you all for your time and suggestions!

Hello guys, initially, with the help of this wonderful forum, I decided on Oneplus 7T as my first phone. But, the plan faced an unexpected denial from my parents.

So, here I'm again to bother you guys for a suggestion for a 15-25K INR mobile..

Here are the features I'd like to have:

Amoled panel

In-display Fingerprint reader

Fast charging

Minimum 128GB storage

Minimum 6GB RAM

Decent camera [ Having no OIS would a be like a deal breaker, but I don't think my budget will allow that :(]

Great build quality [ I don't mind plastic back, but it should be heavy you know?]

Snapdragon 700 series and above :P

I live in India and will buy from:

Amazon.in / Flipkart.com / Reliancedigital.in / Croma.com

Thank You! :D

I mean, just do some basic googling? You really don't have to spend that much on a phone considering you can get those specifications for half the price of the extremely expensive flagships that you're eyeing

@5x5 Yes, I know that I don't have many options considering the amount of money that I'm willing to pay, but the whole purpose of me or anyone coming to this forum is to ask for suggestions from people who might have more knowledge or experience in the matter.

Hence I am just here to gather suggestions before buying anything.

Thank you (ㆁωㆁ)

28 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Hello guys, initially, with the help of this wonderful forum, I decided on Oneplus 7T as my first phone. But, the plan faced an unexpected denial from my parents.

So, here I'm again to bother you guys for a suggestion for a 15-25K INR mobile..

Here are the features I'd like to have:

Amoled panel

In-display Fingerprint reader

Fast charging

Minimum 128GB storage

Minimum 6GB RAM

Decent camera [ Having no OIS would a be like a deal breaker, but I don't think my budget will allow that :(]

Great build quality [ I don't mind plastic back, but it should be heavy you know?]

Snapdragon 700 series and above :P

I live in India and will buy from:

Amazon.in / Flipkart.com / Reliancedigital.in / Croma.com

Thank You! :D

2 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@5x5 Yes, I know that I don't have many options considering the amount of money that I'm willing to pay, but the whole purpose of me or anyone coming to this forum is to ask for suggestions from people who might have more knowledge or experience in the matter.

Hence I am just here to gather suggestions before buying anything.

Thank you (ㆁωㆁ)

Hi @Hold-Ma-Beer, I did some research and think that this would be an excellent phone for the features/specifications you're looking for within your budget:

https://www.amazon.in/Redmi-Note-Neptune-128GB-Storage/dp/B07X1KT6LF/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=smartphone&qid=1594822641&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A16757454031|16757455031%2Cp_n_feature_eight_browse-bin%3A8561112031&rnid=8561111031&sr=8-6

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

@Boomwebsearch Thank you for your suggestion but I can pay upto 25K, and Note 8 has LCD panel, SD660, no in display fingerprint scanner.... So, it does not meet the features I wanted. I've listed them at the top.

Thank you for your time :)

Just now, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@Boomwebsearch Thank you for your suggestion but I can pay upto 25K, and Note 8 has LCD panel, SD660, no in display fingerprint scanner.... So, it does not meet the features I wanted. I've listed them at the top.

Thank you for your time :)

It has fast charging, a 4,000 mAH battery capacity, face + fingerprint locking options, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and excellent AI cameras (48MP rear and 13MP front). The Snapdragon 665 is on this phone (not the 660) and it's not that far off from the SD700 especially on budget phones that are likely to thermal throttle with over-powered processing. 

The only features that it lacks would be having the fingerprint reader in the display and an AMOLED display which are going to make the phone be out of your budget as far as I could find unfortunately, those features are only found on higher-end phones that would be way above your 25,000 Indian Rupee budget.

81eaUeIXcEL._SL1500_.jpg

@Boomwebsearch 

If you can wait I would try to get the OnePlus Nord. According to the leas it should meet all the specifications which you have listed. I'm no to sure how the price converts but it should be in your price range.

By the way, nice to see you again @huilun02 xD

The Redmi K20 Pro is a nice pick [ I know about the Chinese brand issue, but fk it, I have only 25k ]

But I'm not a fan of that really flashy back panel.. And I don't like to put a cover..

About the Oneplus Nord, I'll wait for its pricing, but I wanted the device before 29th..

Lets just wait and see. For now I'll keep in mind the K20 Pro and the Nord..

[ Talking as if I've a ton of options :D ]

I'm surprised why hasn't anyone mentions some Samsung devices?

@Boomwebsearch I agree its a great device.. For 15K that is, but I can pay 10K more, so why not look at some above 20K options?

Also, a lot of my friends and relatives recently bought that phone.. I don't want to follow the herd :D

@Hold-Ma-Beer this might be good:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HGGYWL6/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c2_x_2_t?pf_rd_m=A1K21FY43GMZF8&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=ZZGRX7SV89K1ZR63DFH7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=300162f8-c83d-4bcd-8eec-4d4cd441dae7&pf_rd_i=20772718031

here are the specs:

• Quad Camera Setup - 64MP (F1.8) Main Camera +8MP (F2.2) Ultra Wide Camera +5MP(F2.2) Depth Camera +5MP(F2.4) Macro Camera and 32MP (F2.0) front facing Camera
  • 6.4-inch(16.21 centimeters) Super Amoled - Infinity U Cut Display , FHD+ Resolution (2340 x 1080) , 404 ppi pixel density and 16M color support
  • Android v10.0 operating system with 2.3GHz + 1.7GHz Exynos 9611 Octa core processor , 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory expandable up to 512GB and dual SIM
  • 6000 mAh Battery
  • 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase

21 hours ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@Boomwebsearch I agree its a great device.. For 15K that is, but I can pay 10K more, so why not look at some above 20K options?

Also, a lot of my friends and relatives recently bought that phone.. I don't want to follow the herd :D

This device would be quite close to the higher side of your budget, although I believe that it would meet or exceed practically all of the features/specifications that you would like to have:

https://www.amazon.in/Vivo-Midnight-Storage-Additional-Exchange/dp/B07XD2G5C7/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=128GB%2Bsmartphone&qid=1594911064&refinements=p_36%3A1318507031&rnid=1318502031&s=electronics&sr=1-9&th=1

61AX7R2rX-L._SL1158_.jpg

@Boomwebsearch 

• 4 weeks later...