Edible 3d printing,

Hey everyone, today in PC class we learned about edible 3d printing. Do you think it really become a thing? 

Putting ingredients in a machine and printing pizzas, pastas, even desserts like ice creams and jellys/pudding. 

I'd love to try 3d printed pancakes. 

The machine cost $167,000 tho that is one set of expensive pancakes. lol

What food would you guys like to 3d print? 

Oh and does anyone remember the machine from back to the future 2? 

The pizza re-hydrater, do you think that would be possible? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

If I could 3d print pizzas or hamburgers, my heart would be in trouble..

ALTHOUGH, if you were able to buy bulk plantbased meat and the like, that'd be better.

Pizza is the best food group

Just now, FeIIex said:

If I could 3d print pizzas or hamburgers, my heart would be in trouble..

ALTHOUGH, if you were able to buy bulk plantbased meat and the like, that'd be better.

Veggie burgers?!?! Eeew. Meat paste for me, my fav pizza is pepperoni. 

If the world had no meat I'd start bitting ppl. 

And I'd start with my big brother too, for all the times he sat on me and farted. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Veggie burgers?!?! Eeew. Meat paste for me, my fav pizza is pepperoni.

I love my meats as much as anybody else, but I'd want plantbased for health reasons. (I can assure you I'd die within a year with cheap, easily accessible delicious food)

The plantbased pepperoni I had was 80% of the way to the real thing, only short on texture and looks. As for my favorite pizza, probably Pepperoni, extra cheese and maple bacon.

Pizza is the best food group

Why not use a replicator for Star Trek? That will allow for any kind of food.

1 minute ago, FeIIex said:

I love my meats as much as anybody else, but I'd want plantbased for health reasons. (I can assure you I'd die within a year with cheap, easily accessible delicious food)

The plantbased pepperoni I had was 80% of the way to the real thing, only short on texture and looks. As for my favorite pizza, probably Pepperoni, extra cheese and maple bacon.

LOL, you're a man after my own heart, if molecule transfer was possible I'd transfer some of you to me. 

I weigh like 49 kgs my doctor says I have metabolism problem I can't seem to gain weight. 

My parents have to spend so much on vitamin pills on me. 

2 minutes ago, XAIXER said:

Why not use a replicator for Star Trek? That will allow for any kind of food.

Molecular replicator would be sweet but we're years away. Plus if we had that machine, the world economy would be in trouble. Farmers would not be needed. 

I remember I went to Maker Faire 2016, there was a pancake "printer" on display. It was just an XY carriage and a dispenser over a griddle, but pretty cool. The trouble with food 3d printing is that food has so many different textures, melting points, strength, rigidity, and other properties. What makes modern 3D printing possible is the ability to precisely and quickly control the state of matter of your material. In FDM and SLS printing, a heat source is applied in such a controlled manner that the machine can quickly place the material in liquid form where it needs to be, then the material is rapidly cooled so it stays in place. That's hard to do with foods, but I've always thought that maybe sugar or chocolate could be printed fairly easily so long as you have a cooled build plate and chamber while also being able to just barely push the material over its melting point. As for "printing" in other foods/materials, we can barely work out proofs of concepts of multimaterial printing in normal 3D printing. I don't think we'll ever see a 3D printed food that doesn't exist beyond its pure novelty or gimmick. It's much easier to make food like a normal person.

ASU

9 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I remember I went to Maker Faire 2016, there was a pancake "printer" on display. It was just an XY carriage and a dispenser over a griddle, but pretty cool. The trouble with food 3d printing is that food has so many different textures, melting points, strength, rigidity, and other properties. What makes modern 3D printing possible is the ability to precisely and quickly control the state of matter of your material. In FDM and SLS printing, a heat source is applied in such a controlled manner that the machine can quickly place the material in liquid form where it needs to be, then the material is rapidly cooled so it stays in place. That's hard to do with foods, but I've always thought that maybe sugar or chocolate could be printed fairly easily so long as you have a cooled build plate and chamber while also being able to just barely push the material over its melting point. As for "printing" in other foods/materials, we can barely work out proofs of concepts of multimaterial printing in normal 3D printing. I don't think we'll ever see a 3D printed food that doesn't exist beyond its pure novelty or gimmick. It's much easier to make food like a normal person.

O.o you saw the machines, did you get to try the pancakes? 

We're they any good? 

The video we watched showed the machine 3d print a pizza but you'd still had to cook it lol. 

I think you still could 3d print ice cream if you attached an nitrogen tank to it. 

An ice cream statue of Megatron now that be epic. 

5 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

O.o you saw the machines, did you get to try the pancakes? 

We're they any good? 

I mean all it did was draw premixed pancake batter on a griddle, pretty sure it was the 1.0 version of this https://www.amazon.com/PancakeBot-2-0-PNKB01BK2-Pancake-Printer/dp/B01MTKXXQJ. You still had to flip them yourself. Now if that isn't a gimmick, I don't know what is.

ASU

11 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I mean all it did was draw premixed pancake batter on a griddle, pretty sure it was the 1.0 version of this https://www.amazon.com/PancakeBot-2-0-PNKB01BK2-Pancake-Printer/dp/B01MTKXXQJ. You still had to flip them yourself. Now if that isn't a gimmick, I don't know what is.

Ah I see, I really wish we had servent cook bots. That's also why I'm learning programming like my sister. Make my own ai maid, cook, clean, give me back rubs and even carry me (piggyback style) 

Well technically, you can already "print" a pizza.

Well, not so much "print", as it is being made automatically. But it's a step forward.

2 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Ah I see, I really wish we had servent cook bots. That's also why I'm learning programming like my sister. Make my own ai maid, cook, clean, give me back rubs and even carry me (piggyback style) 

And the nightly service, too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Well technically, you can already "print" a pizza.

Well, not so much "print", as it is being made automatically. But it's a step forward.

And the nightly service, too.

Eeeew I'm 13 dude. Plus I prefer the girls in my baking class, I'm the only guy 😜 so you can imagine how popular I am. 

7 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Some relevant memes:

Spoiler

5ccizj4mjt251.jpg au5ksnnmjh811.png 

8n77pewpw7241.png

Not to stomp on any dreams, but you have a loooong road ahead from your first "hello world" to a Google Assistant (that's a bad example, probably thousands of engineers work on Assistant, but you get my point).

ASU

-> Moved to Hobby Electronics

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

I believe you're talking about the PancakeBot -> 

There's also CocoaPress https://www.cocoapress.com/ which isnt out just yet but will be shortly! 

3 hours ago, ColinLTT said:

I believe you're talking about the PancakeBot -> 

There's also CocoaPress https://www.cocoapress.com/ which isnt out just yet but will be shortly! 

Hi Colin, what an honour to see an LTT staff, OK back to topic. 

That pancake is pretty but I remember my mom saying "Dennis stop playing with your food" 

Is the pancake bot still available? I'm interested maybe my sis might get it for me if I ask nicely when Christmas comes.