A heartstopping short

So i was playing around with the RGB on my motherboard and accidentally shorted the LED_CPU header. A mini explosion with smoke cane out and my heart almost stopped. My motherboard still works fine after the short and i just used another header, it worked fine...

my question is, could i have fried my CPU, and is it a good sign that my pc didnt shut off and kept working? 

Ryzen 5 1600

16GB 3600mhz RAM

RX 5600 XT

Aorus B450 Elite 

You probably used a 12v strip in a 5v header (which this board doesn't have afaik) or a 5v strip in a 12v header. If it works fine then it should be good for the most part. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

You probably used a 12v strip in a 5v header (which this board doesn't have afaik) or a 5v strip in a 12v header. If it works fine then it should be good for the most part. 

So you suspect its only the header? So i have nothing to worry about?

Just now, Griffongod120 said:

So you suspect its only the header?

It's probably the strip lol..

So i have nothing to worry about?

I would avoid using that header. But if it works then it should be fine. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

It's probably the strip lol..

I would avoid using that header. But if it works then it should be fine. 

Thanks. I really just hope it wont affect the board negatively in the long run...

really just hope it wont affect the board negatively in the long run...

Shouldn't for the most part.

Build Log: