PC Case Design

Just wanted to start this so I could ask. Who actually likes all matte black PC cases? If so, why do you all like them?

Also would love to know everyone's favorite PC case and why. Doing a bit of research for Class. 

Thanks!!!

7 minutes ago, CJHP said:

Just wanted to start this so I could ask. Who actually likes all matte black PC cases? If so, why do you all like them?

Thanks!!!

... as opposed to?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

... as opposed to?

Maybe anodised Aluminium or more colorful cases from NZXT (e.g. Red and Blue)

Any ideas to what you would like to see if it wasn't matte black?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, CJHP said:

Maybe anodised Aluminium or more colorful cases from NZXT (e.g. Red and Blue)

Any ideas to what you would like to see if it wasn't matte black?

Thanks!

Black... always - better than beige when I first had the choice to make.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

5 hours ago, CJHP said:

Who actually likes all matte black PC cases? If so, why do you all like them?

*raises hand*

I'm a huge maintenance/clean freak. Matte black is great (for me) because smudges and fingerprints aren't nearly as visible on matte black surfaces compared to smoother, lighter-colored surfaces.

In terms of looks, it's a helluva lot easier trying to match an all-black build to your room's decor, and also to find black PC parts that match the inner aesthetics of your build. Granted, the latter perhaps matters only if the case has TG panels, or if the owner is a tad bit OCD (like I am 😛).

Also, hm... Another thing I appreciate about matte black cases is that they don't light up like a disco ball under a dozen lights. Think, car showrooms. Matte black cases just sit there, quiet and unassuming.

5 hours ago, CJHP said:

Also would love to know everyone's favorite PC case and why.

Hm... No "favorites" to speak of yet, as I only have a case sample of one, but I do like my current EVGA DG-75. Frankly speaking, its thermals suck, and I'm making do by taking the front panel off when I fold/crunch BOINC. But it is matte black (with a thick, tinted TG side panel), and the build quality is pretty impressive.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I love them too.

My current case is a Fractal Define R5 and it is positively *glorious*.    Sleek,  black and unassuming.  It sits (very!!) quietly under my desk and no-one would notice it's there.

It's also fabulous to work with.  Building this PC was a complete pleasure.   It's got awesome noise suppression,  and I literally cannot hear the difference when I switch it on or off.  I've never had a PC that quiet before.   Build quality is also very high.  Internally,  there's plenty of space for everything you might want to load into it.

Good luck on  your project!

:)