Network Speed slowed after switching to mesh router

TheJedi
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
7 hours ago, CloudPC said:

Hi,

After setting up my new WiFi mesh, I have noticed a significant drop in my ethernet speed. I am on Virgin Media's 350mbps package and I was receiving this speed on my computer before switching to the Netgear Orbi. Now the highest speed I am getting is 150mbps with ethernet.

My other devices are receiving full speeds. Both WiFi and wired. It's just my computer that gets the slower speed. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Please clearly outline how your devices are connected in your home network using exact makes/models of each starting with the ISP device.

Hi,

After setting up my new WiFi mesh, I have noticed a significant drop in my ethernet speed. I am on Virgin Media's 350mbps package and I was receiving this speed on my computer before switching to the Netgear Orbi. Now the highest speed I am getting is 150mbps with ethernet.

My other devices are receiving full speeds. Both WiFi and wired. It's just my computer that gets the slower speed. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

I assume your ethernet cable is hooked up to the main Orbi unit, not one of the satellites? If you're hooked up to a satellite, then that would probably be the root of your problem.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

150mbps sounds like a wireless limitation. Your computer is not connected directly to your router or a switch connected to your router?

7 hours ago, CloudPC said:

Hi,

Please clearly outline how your devices are connected in your home network using exact makes/models of each starting with the ISP device.