10th gen cooling

hello guys this is my first time posting on this site:P ,, I was wondering if i can run my old cooler master v6 GT on the new i7 10700k ?? note that it is on my i7 3770k and its time for upgrade lol 

4 minutes ago, AshSenpai said:

hello guys this is my first time posting on this site:P ,, I was wondering if i can run my old cooler master v6 GT on the new i7 10700k ?? note that it is on my i7 3770k and its time for upgrade lol 

you shoudl go with AMD right now. get 3700x. almost as good as 10700k but the cpu, cooling and motherboard will cost you much less.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

2 minutes ago, AshSenpai said:

hello guys this is my first time posting on this site

Welcome to the forum!

3 minutes ago, AshSenpai said:

I was wondering if i can run my old cooler master v6 GT on the new i7 10700k ?? note that it is on my i7 3770k and its time for upgrade lol 

Yes, will work. You just need some new thermal paste.

The 10700K is an LGA 1200 CPU, while the 3770K is an LGA 1155 CPU. It has been confirmed LGA 115x coolers will work with LGA 1200. So you can just uninstall the cooler and take all the brackets and such and install it in the new CPU.

The thermal paste does need to be replaced, so just get a tube of paste (like Arctic MX-4) and you're fine.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, AshSenpai said:

note that it is on my i7 3770k and its time for upgrade lol 

Actually it's really not imo. If you can wait. Then wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

15 minutes ago, AshSenpai said:

Either wait for Zen 3 or get a 3700X. The 10700K is just not worth it. It's not faster than a 3700X by more than 2-3%, it's hotter, more power hungry and needs a more expensive board and cooling.

thank you all for your great and fast replies ,, as for the thermal paste yes i will change it :P ,,

But for AMD I'm not sure if i will go with it because i feel like it will have some bios issues and some support issues for games and windows i want something reliable to game on after a loong day at work

3 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Actually it's really not imo. If you can wait. Then wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. 

@TofuHaroto do you mean wait for zen 4 ? or wait for zen 3 to be cheaper ??

Just now, AshSenpai said:

? or wait for zen 3 to be cheaper ??

Zen 3 is ryzen 4000. Not released yet. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Zen 3 is ryzen 4000. Not released yet. 

sorry I'm not very good with AMD gen :P thank you and i will consider this but i was wondering is 3700x have any bios issues and is it reliable for gaming ?? and if you have an AMD CPU do you have any problems with it ?

I've never had an AMD product before so i was just wondering because i have couple of friends who had some issues with there AMD builds

again thank you bro @TofuHaroto

Edited by AshSenpai
Tag

i was wondering is 3700x have any bios issues and is it reliable for gaming

No bios issues. 

And it's "reliable"

I've never had an AMD product before so i was just wondering because i have couple of friends who had some issues with there AMD builds

Well that was probably the ram compatibility. Now it's a lot better. 

But wait for zen 3 which should be around September. 

Build Log: