matx in atx case

seoul-

Building my first pc this week and was going with the Phanteks P400a case and the mortar max since I can get it for £89. Will the matx case look stupid in an atx case? Will cable management be very hard? It's my first build and I really don't want to build it then regret it

It'll look pretty empty, yeah. Get an mATX case.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It'll look pretty empty, yeah. Get an mATX case.

I was going to but the phanteks seemed like a perfect case for me especially when there's 3 fans so I wouldn't have to buy any extra fans which i will have to do with a matx case. Anyways, any you recommend? 

34 minutes ago, seoul- said:

I was going to but the phanteks seemed like a perfect case for me especially when there's 3 fans so I wouldn't have to buy any extra fans which i will have to do with a matx case. Anyways, any you recommend? 

There is no issue putting a smaller mATX board in a mid tower ATX case. It won't look lost by any means. Also going with an ATX case gives you more options in the future if you ever reuse the case. 

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

There is no issue putting a smaller mATX board in a mid tower ATX case. It won't look lost by any means. Also going with an ATX case gives you more options in the future if you ever reuse the case. 

Will it slot in like an Atx case or how will it go in that's one thing I can't seem to understand

6 minutes ago, seoul- said:

Will it slot in like an Atx case or how will it go in that's one thing I can't seem to understand

A mATX board will slot straight into an ATX case. The only difference is it is a bit shorter in length than an ATX board. The width is the same. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroATX