Issues finding M.2 SSD

Warren Hanson
Go to solution Solved by Mihle,
2 hours ago, Warren Hanson said:

It worked on a gigabyte A320-S2h but not on my new Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro. The full spec list of this system is on my profile I believe...

Did you put it in the top or bottom m.2?

Because if you put it in the bottom one, thats why it doesnt work. The top one support both NVMe and SATA while the bottom one only support NVMe.

Hi, I've been having issues with a M.2 SSD which I got a long time ago, it's a western digital green m.2 that worked on my older system and still does. The issue that I'm having now is locating this drive on my newer system as my hard drives are starting to annoy me and I want to reduce noise using this ssd. I've cleaned the drive through diskpart though even before and after, it wont show up on windows install, bios and diskpart as well. Any ideas on what steps to take next as I'm stumped. Again, its not corrupt or broken as it still works on my older system.

What is the new system?

What laptop or mobo?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, Mihle said:

What is the new system?

What laptop or mobo?

It worked on a gigabyte A320-S2h but not on my new Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro. The full spec list of this system is on my profile I believe...

2 hours ago, Warren Hanson said:

Because if you put it in the bottom one, thats why it doesnt work. The top one support both NVMe and SATA while the bottom one only support NVMe.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

7 hours ago, Mihle said:

Ahh... I'll have to find myself a standoff then. I'll check this out shortly, thanks for your help.

14 hours ago, Mihle said:

I've just went and done what you've said and it works. Checked diskpart and both drives are there. Thanks a lot, you're a life saver...