Three different ssds, three different price, three different performances.

Lexar NS100 1tb - $159.00 (2.5 inch)/ m.2 + $11

Crucial MX500 1tb - $185.00 (2.5 inch /m.2)

Samsung 860 Evo 1tb - $248.00 (2.5 inch /m.2)

I watched reviews on all 3 ssds never used either. 

From what I saw

Lexar faster then Crucial but slower then Samsung in reads

Lexar beats both in writes. 

Questions :

Is Lexar a known company? 

Anyone got experience with this model of ssd (Lexar NS100)? 

Which is more important reads or writes? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

2 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Lexar NS100 1tb - $159.00 (2.5 inch)/ m.2 + $11

Crucial MX500 1tb - $185.00 (2.5 inch /m.2)

Samsung 860 Evo 1tb - $248.00 (2.5 inch /m.2)

I watched reviews on all 3 ssds never used either. 

From what I saw

Lexar faster then Crucial but slower then Samsung in reads

Lexar beats both in writes. 

Questions :

Is Lexar a known company? 

Anyone got experience with this model of ssd (Lexar NS100)? 

Which is more important reads or writes? 

do not trust manufacturer benchmarks on ssds because they usually use software that stresses just the cache on the ssd,look up the flash types on each ssd.

the order of speed goes like this: slc(single level cell and the fastest but lower capacity),mlc(slower),tlc(even slower),qlc(hard drive level of slowness)

i dont wanna scare you because most competent ssd manufactureers have dram caches and specially built algorithms to manage that cache so the slower speeds would only be felt in large file transfers like copying game folders

hope this helps!

4 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

do not trust manufacturer benchmarks on ssds because they usually use software that stresses just the cache on the ssd,look up the flash types on each ssd.

the order of speed goes like this: slc(single level cell and the fastest but lower capacity),mlc(slower),tlc(even slower),qlc(hard drive level of slowness)

i dont wanna scare you because most competent ssd manufactureers have dram caches and specially built algorithms to manage that cache so the slower speeds would only be felt in large file transfers like copying game folders

hope this helps!

I was watching a YouTube review not those of manufacturer's reviews, that part I know not to trust lol. I don't eve trust my older brother to not dutch oven me... Thanks anyways for the advice. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

Moved to storage devices. Check before posting to make sure you're posting in the right section.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I've heard of Lexar from digital camera storage... but that's about it.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

isn't that we just buy the M.2 samsung 970 EVO and call it a day?

Or the optane similar spec.
I ve got Corsair Force MP510 480GB and it's fine

Well Mr Big Bucks, sometimes saving a few pennies can buy an apple or a bag of apple chips to go with that 8hr sleepless night cad homework. Lol. 

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Moved to storage devices. Check before posting to make sure you're posting in the right section.

Sorry, 

5 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Well Mr Big Bucks, sometimes saving a few pennies can buy an apple or a bag of apple chips to go with that 8hr sleepless night cad homework. Lol. 

You dont get it small bucks, their prices are lower than the above listed/ mentioned prices. If you have a free M.2 slot, you may concider them

samsung 860 is 250$
samsung 970 is 190$ (depends on the region of course)

Intel Optane H10 1TB 150$
Corsair Force MP510 960GB is 160$