Looking for new mouse and keyboard, need suggestions

Triboal
Go to solution Solved by Oswin,
18 minutes ago, Triboal said:

Just looked at the mouse and I like the look of it, I also say the G903 and liked the look of it - what do you think?

the G903 is also a solid choice if you prefer something rechargeable and have an ambidextrous shape. i have heard several double clicking issues on the previous g903 (the one with the pmw 3366 sensor iirc) the new version with the hero sensor should have been fixed, either way logitech has great customer service and you should have no problem asking for a RMA. 

Would it be alright to order the pre-built with Gateron brown switches and see how I feel and then change and modify as I please? I'm looking to get something in sooner rather than later.

in short, yes you can change them later, but it would be cheaper if you would test them out first. 

Hey guys,

I've decided to get a new mouse and keyboard after I gave my old Corsair Harpoon and K70 to my housemate who was in dire need of one and didn't want to buy brand new.

I'm looking for a mouse and keyboard to play FPS games like CS:GO, BFV, Valorant and CoD Warzone and MOBA games - just Dota2 at the moment. My budget for both is around £200-£250 as I'm looking for something with very good performance, good building quality and will last a long time. Preferably linear but open to suggestions and not set on Cherry MX, can be others like Roller-G, Titan and etc. Do not want Corsair, just a bit tired of Corsair products and would like to try some others.

I've looked at stuff like the Roccat Vulcan 120, Logitech G513 and Razer BlackWidow V2 however I am keen on a nice aluminium keyboard, plastic just doesn't look right since they made metal keyboards. In terms of mice I've looked at the Logitech G502 HERO and Razer Deathadder V2. Looking for some advice over which is better in terms of people's experience and opinion. Open to other suggestions of course.

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

do you have any preferences for the mouse? i.e wireless, number of buttons, shape, grip, hand measurements?

for the keyboard i would recommend something like a glorious gmmk. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 hours ago, Oswin said:

do you have any preferences for the mouse? i.e wireless, number of buttons, shape, grip, hand measurements?

for the keyboard i would recommend something like a glorious gmmk. 

Mouse doesn't have to be wireless, not sure about paying extra for just that feature but if there are good mice that are wireless and don't cost the bank then I'm all ears. Would look at having a few buttons to map some buttons on in MOBAs and grip- and hand measurement-wise I found the Corsair Harpoon to be a bit small for my hand. I haven't got a tape measure in hand but I know that the Corsair Harpoon was for 'small' hand sizes so I assume something bigger - I'm sorry I'm a bit new at the ins and outs of peripherals, just learnt today the difference between linear, tactile and clicky haha

Cool, I'll have a look now. Thanks

EDIT: just had a look, looks cool and didn't see before. How does this compare to the Razer Huntsman Tournament edition? Looks similar and the Razer is cheaper.

8 hours ago, Triboal said:

Mouse doesn't have to be wireless, not sure about paying extra for just that feature but if there are good mice that are wireless and don't cost the bank then I'm all ears. Would look at having a few buttons to map some buttons on in MOBAs and grip- and hand measurement-wise I found the Corsair Harpoon to be a bit small for my hand. I haven't got a tape measure in hand but I know that the Corsair Harpoon was for 'small' hand sizes so I assume something bigger - I'm sorry I'm a bit new at the ins and outs of peripherals, just learnt today the difference between linear, tactile and clicky haha

Cool, I'll have a look now. Thanks

EDIT: just had a look, looks cool and didn't see before. How does this compare to the Razer Huntsman Tournament edition? Looks similar and the Razer is cheaper.

for the mouse would recommend something like the G604 they should go for around  £70- £80, but if you need more suggestions just let me know. 

the keyboard is highly subjective would recommend you to test out the switches yourself and find which one that you like best, you can do this by either trying them out in a store (if you can) or order a switch tester. would also advise you to check out different manufacturers other than cherry, to something like kailh or gateron. 

the gmmk is a pretty good keyboard, one thing that it has over the other "gaming" keyboards that it is customizable so you can pick what layout, switch, and keycaps that you want.

here are a couple of links for the gmmk

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search/index/sSearch/gmmk/sPerPage/12/sPage/1

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-brown-switch

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

6 hours ago, Oswin said:

for the mouse would recommend something like the G604 they should go for around  £70- £80, but if you need more suggestions just let me know. 

the keyboard is highly subjective would recommend you to test out the switches yourself and find which one that you like best, you can do this by either trying them out in a store (if you can) or order a switch tester. would also advise you to check out different manufacturers other than cherry, to something like kailh or gateron. 

the gmmk is a pretty good keyboard, one thing that it has over the other "gaming" keyboards that it is customizable so you can pick what layout, switch, and keycaps that you want.

here are a couple of links for the gmmk

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search/index/sSearch/gmmk/sPerPage/12/sPage/1

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-brown-switch

Just looked at the mouse and I like the look of it, I also say the G903 and liked the look of it - what do you think?

That's fair enough, I liked the Cherry MX red on the Corsair K70 just didn't like too much of the clicky clack but that's not a huge deal for me. I like the look of the gmmk and the modularity of it. Would it be alright to order the pre-built with Gateron brown switches and see how I feel and then change and modify as I please? I'm looking to get something in sooner rather than later.

I'm also super happy to try out other switches Gateron, Kailh, Romer-G and etc. I'm not a die-hard Cherry MX fan and am happy to try others.

Let me know what you think and thanks again for your advice!

the G903 is also a solid choice if you prefer something rechargeable and have an ambidextrous shape. i have heard several double clicking issues on the previous g903 (the one with the pmw 3366 sensor iirc) the new version with the hero sensor should have been fixed, either way logitech has great customer service and you should have no problem asking for a RMA. 

Would it be alright to order the pre-built with Gateron brown switches and see how I feel and then change and modify as I please? I'm looking to get something in sooner rather than later.

in short, yes you can change them later, but it would be cheaper if you would test them out first. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, Oswin said:

Sweet, I'm leaning more towards that if not I might just go for the G502.

Sounds good, I just ordered the barebones keyboard and getting a key tester to try out the different colours. Thanks a lot for the advice and help!