Modding Twin Frozr Iii 7850 Fans?

benga

So ever since I bought a Noctua Heatsink, I've been obsessed with getting my computer quieter and quieter. I wanted to start with the loudest fan in my computer and that was the AMD stock fan. 
The next fan is the GPU fans, and the Twin Frozr III has two of them. They aren't too loud but they are the next loudest so I want to change them. 
I want to swap them out with Noctua's fans if possible but the mounting mechanism on the GPU Fans are different. I thought it would be simple but it doesn't look like it will me.
From the start i'm sure i'm not going to be able to use the metal guard on the Twin Frozr. 

So has anyone done this and does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

I've been a Linus fan for a while but never stopped by the forum. So far i'm liking it. Looks good. 

Hope to be a long time member and hope I can help others with questions.

whats the fan speed you are running them at? because they are pretty quiet until like 55%

They run at 33% according to MSI Afterburner.

and you can hear them? you shouldn't hear any fans at that level.

Yep haha I can hear it. 

I only have one Case fan running but I turned it off to find out what components were making the most noise.

And my PSU almost never turns on because it's a hybrid fan that only turns on when necessary.

so you turn off ALL airflow in your case, and leave the gpu fans running, then wonder why you can hear them?

may i ask what else you expected to hear? lol. the cables aren't going to make noise you know.

gpu fans will never be an issue with the case actually SHUT with other fans running, it's getting the other fans at their best performance/noise ratio that counts.

whats your case? get silverstone ap123's in the front and bottom, and cougar hydro bearings for the sides and top. and please, don't be every other nublet and actually have 3 exhaust fans. you only need the top ones.

get an artic cooling extreme gpu cooler it keep my 6950 at 60c with it s fans at 7v.Under load. overcloked to max official afterburner setting.

it is way quieter than the xfx double d cooler it came with and the fans never ramp up or down. Best 40$ and 15 mins install i spent. (the stock cooler for vrm and memory fitted under the new cooler.)

on my twin frzr ii i couldn t fit it without removing the original vrm coolers...

btw moving a comp farther from you will help reduce the noise you hear.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB