Cooler won't fit on motherboard!?

Whateverchan

I have a Deepcool Gammaxx GT cooler and a B550 Msi Edge. I have followed the instructions correctly but it won't fit on my mobo. Wtf? Won't work for neither stock nor the backplate it came with. Is it not compatible? Never heard of this before!

20200704_171207.jpg

20200704_170713.jpg

perhaps these are facing the wrong way?

image.png.a9b7ff7e46ab97f0462ed7bd2f37acda.png

image.png.e12325684feb2c0aad2ee95d1e1cefdc.png

looks like the screws are too far apart to fit the screw holes, perhaps you can reverse the brackets here.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It looks like you have mounted the arms on the wrong way, shouldn't they bend inwards? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Yup. Reversed the brackets. They fit now! :D Thanks.

Is it okay to use the stock backplate? The four screws stuck out a little, but it's thicker and easier to install than the backplate that came with the fan. Will there be any issue?

Ok not sure what the deal is but the cooler feels really loose. I screwed the four screws very tight already. I mean when I hold the motherboard up, I can move the cooler back and forth and to the sides. Is something wrong with the backplate? It's not tight, either. This can't be normal...

This is as far as I got to. Manual wasn't clear about these two cables. I think I might have inserted the wrong cable...? Also, I can't take out that one I plugged it. It's harder than inserting it in. Should I just pull it out anyway? Will the transistors break?

20200704_194510.jpg

17 hours ago, Whateverchan said:

This is as far as I got to. Manual wasn't clear about these two cables. I think I might have inserted the wrong cable...? Also, I can't take out that one I plugged it. It's harder than inserting it in. Should I just pull it out anyway? Will the transistors break?

20200704_194510.jpg

RGB headers. Look at last pic in manual. The one splitting up is for connecting fan and heatsink RGB to same motherboard header. Though header closest to camera here is normal 4pin PWM fan header which you connect to CPU_FAN slot on mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv