Ducky keyboards

Beef Boss

Hello all, I'm kind of looking into a decent keyboard. I'm using a coolermaster MS110 I believe. And while it's very nice I saw this frozen Llama keyboard I kind of fell in love with. I like the colors a lot. Are ducky keyboards nice quality and would it be worth pre-ordering?

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

20 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

Hello all, I'm kind of looking into a decent keyboard. I'm using a coolermaster MS110 I believe. And while it's very nice I saw this frozen Llama keyboard I kind of fell in love with. I like the colors a lot. Are ducky keyboards nice quality and would it be worth pre-ordering?

There was a time when ducky was a price performance leader.  The ending of the cherry switch patent threw everything up in the air though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There was a time when ducky was a price performance leader.  The ending of the cherry switch patent threw everything up in the air though.

Hmm okay, so their products should still be nice quality? Of course there's cheaper that might be just as good, but I do like the color which I've never seen before. Would the switches themselves be replaceable at this price point? There's the ability to select the type of switch I'd like, which makes me think I should ask someone who seems to have experience.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I have the Ducky Shine 5 and I like it a lot. Haven't had any issues with it yet and I've had it about 5 years.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Ducky keyboards are still very high quality as far as I know. I've had my Shine 6 for around 2 years. I want to get another keyboard, and will probably get the Shine 7.

I have yet to have any issues with my ducky keyboard, and being able to control the keyboard with hardware controls (You'll need the manual) is nice.

Hey there. Took a look at the Ducky Frozen Llama. Note that I've never touched a Ducky keyboard before, take the opinions/observations below with a grain of salt.

• Seems to be a recolored Ducky One 2 Mini or Ducky Mecha Mini. Only one Frozen Llama (One 2 Mini) is listed on Ducky's official site, but there are two variants (One 2 Mini, Mecha Mini) on Mechanical Keyboard's site.
    • Ducky One 2 Mini: Plastic Case, Cheaper ($99.00 on MK).
    • Ducky Mecha Mini: Aluminum Case, Expensive ($129.00 on MK).
  • Comes with Cherry MX's switches, your choice of Blue, Brown, Red, Black, Silver, or Silent Red.
    • If you don't like the Cherry MX options, the switches can be switched out for other plate-mounted switches, but you'll have to do some soldering.

Good Stuff

• Ducky's built a reputation around building decent quality, functional keyboards. On top of that, the Ducky One 2 Mini is one of their more popular sellers.
  • Double-shot PBT keycaps with white legends. Pretty and durable.
    • Includes 10 uniquely-designed, purple keycaps.
  • Height can be adjusted, there are three levels.

Gripes

• The keycaps are not RGB shine-through. RGB lighting will only illuminate the gaps under the keycaps, and will not touch the legends.
  • Plastic USB-C cord. Not paracorded (braided).

TLDR: A decent buy for $99.00 - $129.00, methinks? Go for it, if the non-RGB legends and plastic cabling don't bother you all that much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I have a Ducky One 2 TKL, so I can't speak for the Llama as such, however I have been very impressed with their build quality and have had no issues so far. Been really enjoying it. However, if you do enough searching there is probably something better or equal quality for cheaper