Need help figuring out what's compatible with my motherboard

Go to solution Solved by homeap5,

M.2 don't disable your SATA ports. It may disable one or two on some motherboards in some conditions, but for sure not all. Read manual.

Don't worry about pcie slots - you have more than one and for sure you'll not buy pcie slot m2. Even if - you'll be fine.

Hello everyone so I am currently in the process of building my new gaming PC however I don't understand how NVME m.2 slots work or PCI slots. 

The motherboard I am using for my build is a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX/Specification). I wanted to get a 1tb M.2 SSD along with a 2tb HDD for my build, but I was confused because I read that if I use the m.2 slot I will disable my sata ports, so I am now unsure if I can even use the m.2 slot. So if someone can point out what I am missing here and/or point me in the right direction of what ssds and HDDs to buy I will be very thankful.

Also sorry if this is a stupid question, I plan on getting a PCI wifi card for my build too and I read that some ssds use PCI slots so now I am worried if the wifi card will interfere with my 1tb SSD and 2tb HDD build. 

Here is a list of what parts I have so far (change motherboard with MSI tomahawk max I am returning the gigabyte motherboard)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7hwjrV

M.2 don't disable your SATA ports. It may disable one or two on some motherboards in some conditions, but for sure not all. Read manual.

Don't worry about pcie slots - you have more than one and for sure you'll not buy pcie slot m2. Even if - you'll be fine.