Power supply recommendation

GOTSpectrum

Alright guys, going to make this quick, I'm building a computer for my brother and I have most of it lined up and ordered. i'm not looking for advice on anything but the power supply, I threw the current one in there as a placeholder but the time to order the PSU is getting near so I'm asking for some advice on what model to choose. As you can see its not the most expensive build but it certainly isn't cheap either. Preferably we'd like to keep it less than 90GBP, but the budget may be stretchable to slight increases if needed, also fully modular is preferred but a semi modular PSU would be considered. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3TCxMc?fbclid=IwAR0Fb0wjPxVeGFs4-e4mNzeEJEu5EFBjIoqt7k-PNyC9pfPf5c4Nf0KUO5s

Thanks for everyones help in advanced,

Happy folding,

spec.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

9 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Although that is an honourable mention and a great PSU we'd prefer a little more flexibility for future upgrades such a GPU that requires three power connectors as an example.

Sorry to seem picky!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Although that is an honourable mention and a great PSU we'd prefer a little more flexibility for future upgrades such a GPU that requires three power connectors as an example.

Sorry to seem picky!

Slightly over budget then, but check out an RM unit from Corsair.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/bqVD4D/corsair-rmx-2018-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020177-na

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/3Vc48d/be-quiet-straight-power-11-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-bn281

Both are slightly over 90 quid but are rock solid options.

Graphics cards with more than two 8-pin connectors are quite a rarity nowadays, though. And multi-GPU setups don't really make much sense anymore, because of the lack of SLI/Crossfire support.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

rx550x 

tx550m 

straight power 11

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Seasonic Focus GM-650.  It is semi-modular which I like better because extra connectors just reduces reliability and you always use the 24 pin, 8 pin, and GPU connectors that are not modular.

Main issue with Seasonic and others suppliers at the moment is supply most out of stock until mid/end of July so the current prices appear inflated otherwise the Focus GX-650 would be as it was retailing for under £90 when in stock. I use a GX-750 and it runs in silent mode most of the time unless GPU folding or gaming.