mic help

ixiboneheadixi

so i was originally going to buy an at2020 but after buying that, the xlr cable, a stand, a pop filter, a shock mount, and some sort of mixer board or something to power it, its kinda more than i wanna spend, is there any cheaper options for a mic with a stand(tripod style or desk mounted boom arm that is adjustable) a shock mount, a pop filter, and the cable, and some sort of mixer or something to plug it into if needed(kind of do like the behringerqx1002usb as t has a lot of inputs and will be useful for me in the future)

just wondering if theres anything just as good but cheaper of if staying with the at2020 is my best bet

You made the mistake of not buying the USB version of the AT2020....

havent bought it yet. is there a noticable audio difference between the two versions?

and what would be the cheapest i could grab a usb version with the cable, a stand(desk mounted and adjustable) a shock mount and a pop filter.

havent bought it yet. is there a noticable audio difference between the two versions?

and what would be the cheapest i could grab a usb version with the cable, a stand(desk mounted and adjustable) a shock mount and a pop filter.

They have the same audio quality, the only difference is that you have to spend a lot less on equipment because it just plugs right into your computer because you probably don't have an xlr port somewhere on it. So you just need a pop filter which are super cheap. Right now on Amazon the AT2020 USB is going for ~$130. Pop filters are around $15 and I've seen shock mounts for ~$30.

They have the same audio quality, the only difference is that you have to spend a lot less on equipment because it just plugs right into your computer because you probably don't have an xlr port somewhere on it. So you just need a pop filter which are super cheap. Right now on Amazon the AT2020 USB is going for ~$130. Pop filters are around $15 and I've seen shock mounts for ~$30.

do you know if there is anything similar to this but a lot cheaper? http://www.amazon.com/RODE-Swivel-Mount-Studio-Microphone/dp/B001D7UYBO/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1393571355&sr=1-3

apparently there is an Ikea desk lamp that can function as a mic stand. http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/04/tertial-lamp-into-microphone-stand.html

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

apparently there is an Ikea desk lamp that can function as a mic stand. http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/04/tertial-lamp-into-microphone-stand.html

There's plenty of spring-arm lamps that'll work just the same. Stop pushing your Scandinavian culture on us!  :angry:

There's plenty of spring-arm lamps that'll work just the same. Stop pushing your Scandinavian culture on us!  :angry:

what, and like you yanks are any better,   McDonalds anyone? you can eat it while listening to how they keep referring to the president over there as the most powerful man on the planet.  :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.