Moving to a smaller case! M-ATX recommendations?

ShoreOak

Hi everyone!

n00b here, be gentle!

Its upgrade time and as part of this I’d like to move from my current case (Phanteks P300s) to something smaller. 

I’ll be getting a new mobo, so that’ll be M-ATX, but my full sized modular 650W PSU and ageing GTX 970 GPU will be moving too so it’ll need to fit those!

Theres also 1 x2.5 and 2x 3.5 HDDs as well.  

Are there any small cases to fit the above that are particularly recommended? I don’t want anything too expensive, and I like simple  styled stuff ( a window would be good!)

I’m in the UK and top end of the budget is around £60!

TIA 🙂

43 minutes ago, ShoreOak said:

I’ll be getting a new mobo, so that’ll be M-ATX, but my full sized modular 650W PSU and ageing GTX 970 GPU will be moving too so it’ll need to fit those!

Which GTX970 is it? Also what CPU cooler are you using? All this matters for a build that's trying to be relatively small!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

55 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Which GTX970 is it? Also what CPU cooler are you using? All this matters for a build that's trying to be relatively small!

It’s a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 and I’ve currently got a Hyper 212 cooler but that can change with a new CPU ( probably Ryzen 7)

1 hour ago, ShoreOak said:

It’s a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 and I’ve currently got a Hyper 212 cooler but that can change with a new CPU ( probably Ryzen 7)

For all of that, we have:

Focus Mini G Meshify C Mini Define C Mini Define C Mini TG

NR400 (no ODD) (with ODD)

MB311 ARGB

Aero One Mini Eclipse White Version

Keep in mind, many of these (especially the Aero ones) are not any smaller if at all the the P300 (Exactly 36L in volume)

Meshify/Define C mini: 33.4L

Focus G mini: 36.4L

NR400: 35.5L

MB311 ARGB: 38.7L

Aewro One Ecipse Mini: 38.8L

If, for example, you were able to switch to a shorter air cooler (154mm) [alteratively an AIO with a shorter GPU] and reduce down to 1 hard drive, you could get the Silverstone PS15 White Solid Panel  2x RGB fans, which is 25.6L, nearly 30% smaller than your current P300

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25