First PC build, everything turns on but wont post

shigeokageyama

Troubleshooting H1

I built inside of the NZXT H1 case:

MOBO: Aorus x570 i pro wifi

RAM:GeIL EVO X II 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

CPU: RYZEN 7 3700x

GPU: Gigabyte 5700XT

This is my first time building inside a pc an I opted for the H1 due to its simplicity to build in the build process was smooth up until I tested the system and it wouldnt post. The power switch was on and so were all the lights on the mobo. The fan was also working. I am using a old display that does not have a display port and have ready that people have got their display to post by plugging their monitor directly into the graphics card via displayport. If that is a real solution please let me know, and also let me know if my ram of choice may be the cause

what cable are you using? and is it plugged into the motherboard? or gpu?

17 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

what cable are you using? and is it plugged into the motherboard? or gpu?

I am using an HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard. Should I be using display port plugged in gpu? 

10 minutes ago, shigeokageyama said:

I am using an HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard. Should I be using display port plugged in gpu? 

if it doesn't have hdmi, then yes. the 3700x doesn't have an igpu, so motherboard hdmi does nothing

5 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

if it doesn't have hdmi, then yes. the 3700x doesn't have an igpu, so motherboard hdmi does nothing

That’s so lame lmao. I guess i have to upgrade my monitor then 

Just now, shigeokageyama said:

That’s so lame lmao. I guess i have to upgrade my monitor then 

that's how amd is, only the low end "g" cpu's have an igpu, where intel chips mostly have an igpu, except for the "f"'s. either way, it has to be plugged into the gpu anyway to use the gpu, no matter the brand. you can just get an hdmi to display port adapter, unless you would rather upgrade the screen.

The 5700XT has both HDMI and displayport outputs. You said it's plugged into the board via HMDI, plugging your monitor into the GPU via HDMI should work fine.

24 minutes ago, Jack0f5pades said:

The 5700XT has both HDMI and displayport outputs. You said it's plugged into the board via HMDI, plugging your monitor into the GPU via HDMI should work fine.

Unfortunately I tried this but I still get no post on display. 

3 minutes ago, shigeokageyama said:

Unfortunately I tried this but I still get no post on display. 

Could it be a bios setting issue?

43 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

that's how amd is, only the low end "g" cpu's have an igpu, where intel chips mostly have an igpu, except for the "f"'s. either way, it has to be plugged into the gpu anyway to use the gpu, no matter the brand. you can just get an hdmi to display port adapter, unless you would rather upgrade the screen.

I will probably go with adapter And plugging HDMI into gpu hdmi port wouldn’t work? 

8 minutes ago, shigeokageyama said:

I will probably go with adapter And plugging HDMI into gpu hdmi port wouldn’t work? 

yes it would, i assumed you would have tried that. if it is for sure plugged into the graphics card, and its still not posting, it would appear that there is a different issue.

Untitled.png.4a6d108a64ba7fb62c0e1d5d495f9b49.png

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, it needs to be plugged into the card on the 4th port which is an hdmi.

Could be a problem with your riser cable? Maybe try reseating the GPU in the riser, and the riser into the PCIe slot.