21.5 inch va or 23.8 inch tn

III_ELITE_lll

This is kinda like the post I made yesterday but would you pick a 21.5 inch va panel or 23.8 inch tn. They are the same price at Costco and both have 1ms response times and 75hz. Which one is better for 75% gaming and 25% working? I made a mistake yesterday on the post and said the 21.5 inch was ips not va. Can you help me out?

IPS. Cheap TN and VA panels are dogshit and personally cause massive headache and rye strain/fatigue. I would never use a cheap TN or VA panel even if you paid me

15 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

IPS. Cheap TN and VA panels are dogshit and personally cause massive headache and rye strain/fatigue. I would never use a cheap TN or VA panel even if you paid me

Here is the monitor: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/models/monitors/nitroqg1 It’s is at Costco for a lot cheaper. I don’t know if this is cheap because I’m new to displays.

35 minutes ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

Here is the monitor: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/models/monitors/nitroqg1 It’s is at Costco for a lot cheaper. I don’t know if this is cheap because I’m new to displays.

To put it this way, I'd rather get hit in the balls every day than have to use that display. It would be less painful

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

To put it this way, I'd rather get hit in the balls every day than have to use that display. It would be less painful

Ok lol thanks

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Is it really that bad?

25 minutes ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

Is it really that bad?

Yes. Just get an IPS panel. The difference between 1ms and 10ms is so small that most people can't tell the difference. Response time really only becomes an issue at 30ms or above

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Yes. Just get an IPS panel. The difference between 1ms and 10ms is so small that most people can't tell the difference. Response time really only becomes an issue at 30ms or above

Thanks! I will be saving up some money

I have a 22" VA and I love it. Literally every single IPS monitor I had, it always has every IPS issue like backlight bleeds, IPS glows and bad contrast.

And response time of this VA monitor is very good too and I use it for gaming too.

And oh, the IPS monitors I had are over 300 and 550 euros... However, , not all VA are good bu the current I have it a perfect one.

I might get the HP X24C monitor when it comes out.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

On 6/28/2020 at 10:22 AM, CTR640 said:

I have a 22" VA and I love it. Literally every single IPS monitor I had, it always has every IPS issue like backlight bleeds, IPS glows and bad contrast.

And response time of this VA monitor is very good too and I use it for gaming too.

And oh, the IPS monitors I had are over 300 and 550 euros... However, , not all VA are good bu the current I have it a perfect one.

I might get the HP X24C monitor when it comes out.

Thanks. I ordered the va monitor and it came 2 days ago. So far it is awesome. Way better than I expected. I don’t know why people are saying they are bad, I can’t see a difference between my 24” ips monitor and the va one.

2 hours ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

Thanks. I ordered the va monitor and it came 2 days ago. So far it is awesome. Way better than I expected. I don’t know why people are saying they are bad, I can’t see a difference between my 24” ips monitor and the va one.

Yeah, it's just the IPS is overrated. VA can have great colors too. The Asus XG17AHPE has almost the same colors as my VA monitor but VA has much better blacks.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280