Looking for Cooler

xReqt

Hi,

I am underwhelmed how horrible my aio water cooler is performing and I'd like to make the switch back to air. My budget is under 100 pounds and I can purchase from Overclockers UK or Amazon UK.

I am getting 78-80c on  warzone and apex which sucks. I have brought thermal paste and turned rpm for all fans including aio ones and nothing has fixed. I turned off Asus multi core enhancement which decreased by 4c. I am at a loss and would probably benefit more from a air cooled rig. (I have RGB ram so the sticks are a tad bigger then regular ones)

Thanks in advance (also any insight into this would be great my rig is i7-8700 1070 16gb 3000mhz ram)

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

16GB DDR4 Crucial ram (2133mhz)

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

----------------------------------------------------------

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

Water cooling just moves heat outside, if the ambience temperature is high, you won't get great performance. 

For the answer, I got myself SilentiumPC cooler, but it's rather regional company here so may be hard to get in UK. Many people I know praise Be quit! coolers so if IT nerds say it's good, it must be overkill : P

Edit:
also what's your case?

@keik Would air benefit me in anyway as the PC is under me on a self made lift so it doesnt touch the ground. I have the Gamemax predator which came with 4 front fans.

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

@keik Could putting the PC on a desk instead of a stand on the floor under my desk decrease the temps?

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

People do praise Noctua in general. Noctua NH-U14S could work or said Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 135 mm or Slim series.

Edit: unless your pc is near ceiling, any position giving enough ventilation on sides (roughly 20-30 cm) is ok.

@keik The top is rouchly 10cm from the desk and front left side is around 10cm from the wall

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

Water cooling works exceptionally well for actual temperature stuff.  My complaint about it is it’s fundamentally mechanical and isn’t nearly as silent as advertised.   If you’ve got a problem with actual temps I doubt an air cooler will do better unless it has in the past in which case use that one.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

45 minutes ago, keik said:

Water cooling just moves heat outside, if the ambience temperature is high, you won't get great performance. 

That is not specific to watercooling though >__>  Just about every non-exotic cooling will suffer with higher ambient temperatures..... After all, watercooling is still air cooling.

28 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Water cooling works exceptionally well for actual temperature stuff. 

What is actual temperature stuff?

35 minutes ago, xReqt said:

@keik The top is rouchly 10cm from the desk and front left side is around 10cm from the wall

Cooling is all about surface area, heat transfer, and accessible airflow.  You have a large case that can support large air coolers such as NH-D15, DRP4; these will be the best possible air coolers. To give your system all the help it can get, you should ensure that the intake fans have access to fresh ambient air, and the the air exhausted from the case has the potential to dissipate into the room as opposed to being trapped somewhere.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

That is not specific to watercooling though >__>  Just about every non-exotic cooling will suffer with higher ambient temperatures..... After all, watercooling is still air cooling.

What is actual temperature stuff?

Cooling is all about surface area, heat transfer, and accessible airflow.  You have a large case that can support large air coolers such as NH-D15, DRP4; these will be the best possible air coolers. To give your system all the help it can get, you should ensure that the intake fans have access to fresh ambient air, and the the air exhausted from the case has the potential to dissipate into the room as opposed to being trapped somewhere.

The actual relocation of the joules 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Check out Thermalright too. It’s summer, but I haven’t turned down my overclock because there is no need to. I could still go up, the reason I dont is it takes 220w sitting there as is, double up for load lol.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X