Is 40-50 degree Celsius on ryzen ok?

Go to solution Solved by Haro,

Don't use cam 

Only use hwinfo64 or ryzen master to monitor ryzen temps accurately for ryzen 

And 50 c at idle is normal 

Idle temps don't matter

Load temps do

So I just built my first gaming pc with the ryzen 5 3600 and rtx 2060, and I am using NZXT cam and msi dragon center to measure the temps of the cpu. A little bit of backstory here, I was installing an aftermarket cpu air cooler from cooler master and I had to take the cooler off and put it back on because I installed the thing that screws the cooler to the backplate backwards, and that resulted in taking the cooler off and on without removing the thermal paste since I didn't have any Isopropyl alcohol available to remove the thermal paste so I just went ahead and continued on with the build. Basically NZXT Cam and msi dragon center reads that the cpu is at 40-50 degrees ish when I use chrome (I assume thats idle temps), I haven't measured load temps yet since I'm already scared about the idle temps. I would like to hear your opinion whether if 40-50 degrees is something to worry about or not. I'd also like to say weather where I live can be about 40 degrees celsius but I have an AC running at 24 degrees.

Don't use cam 

Only use hwinfo64 or ryzen master to monitor ryzen temps accurately for ryzen 

And 50 c at idle is normal 

Idle temps don't matter

Load temps do

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

idle at 50° is fine if load is 60­°

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.