I need help getting my PC to POST.

AdamWnz
Go to solution Solved by ubuntu-guru,

If I'm not mistaken, no post code / beep means it is either power supply, motherboard, or CPU. I've had a few do this and it's always narrowed down to those three. So you'll have to check the basics.

Make sure the motherboard is properly mounted, screws aren't over-tight, maybe try reseating the CPU, and even apply some new thermal compound if you have some. The power supply you can't really do a bunch to other than attempting to reconnect the cables to the motherboard and see if somehow something is loose or not making proper connection.

CPU - i5-7400 - Not overclocked, never has been. - Warranty not over.

GPU - GTX 1060 3GB - Not overclocked, never has been. - Warranty not over.

RAM - x2 4GB DDR4 2133MHZ + x2 8GB DDR4 2133MHZ  - Not overclocked, never has been.

MB - ASUS PRIME B250M-A - Warranty not over.

OS - Windows 10 Home - 64bit

AGE - DECEMBER 2017 - ~2.5 Years.

PS - 500W

My pc isn't posting after I had it off for a week.  I'm not getting any post code from the mb speaker. I tried reseating the ram, gpu, and cpu. It didn't work.

In the past, if it stopped posting all I needed to do was reseat the ram and it would work. But now it isn't.

I cleared the cmos and blasted it out with compressed air to no avail. Is there something I am overlooking?

I thought that the mb was just fried and not giving me a post code because it couldn't, so I intentionally tried to boot it with no ram installed, and I got the post code for a ram issue.

But when I put the ram back in it doesn't give me any post code.

I haven't installed anything or changed any hardware for ages.

I have checked all of the cables, and nothing seems wrong.

Please help me.

If I'm not mistaken, no post code / beep means it is either power supply, motherboard, or CPU. I've had a few do this and it's always narrowed down to those three. So you'll have to check the basics.

Make sure the motherboard is properly mounted, screws aren't over-tight, maybe try reseating the CPU, and even apply some new thermal compound if you have some. The power supply you can't really do a bunch to other than attempting to reconnect the cables to the motherboard and see if somehow something is loose or not making proper connection.