suggest me a system for networking and services

Hello ladies and gentlemen ,

this post is to ask you your suggestions for a purchuse ,

I'm looking for a device to use it as portable/small to install linux on it and use it as networking and security device .

I can't just build a computer and use it for that because there are some specifications I demand in order to move it with me easily and send copies to my relatives homes in different countries , these specification are :

• to be small form factor .
  • to be powered by DC current .
  • to have the ability to install and run the OS of my choice from internal storage (not USB flash)
  • to have at least 2 ethernet ports (more is better)
  • to have decent performance to run some services (firewall , openVPN , NAS , etc) for home use cases .
  • preferably X86 platform but can be ARM if I have to (but in both cases it should be 64 bits processor)

I searched a lot on the web but most websites I found are for servers or feature an AC input .

preciate the help gents , 🙏

2 minutes ago, Abd AlHaleem said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen ,

I'm looking for a device to use it as portable/small to install linux on it and use it as networking and security device

Is this for backtrack ?
What are you going to use it for specifically ? because you don't necessarily need a lot of computing power depending on what you're focusing on.
(as in, a inexpensive little laptop with a ssd should do the trick)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

11 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

Is this for backtrack ?
What are you going to use it for specifically ? because you don't necessarily need a lot of computing power depending on what you're focusing on.
(as in, a inexpensive little laptop with a ssd should do the trick)

OH sorry I posted it by accident , I've just edited it a minute ago .

Raspberry PI 4 4GB or 8GB

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Raspberry 3 or 4.

ESP32 variant 

If solely for network security and routing/firewalling you could look at Mikrotik. RouterOS is exceptionally flexible, powerful, and the hardware is really inexpensive.

It's still a pretty vague description. 

20 hours ago, PetekW said:

Raspberry 3 or 4.

ESP32 variant 

If solely for network security and routing/firewalling you could look at Mikrotik. RouterOS is exceptionally flexible, powerful, and the hardware is really inexpensive.

It's still a pretty vague description. 

it does not have multi ethernet ports .... unfortunately , it would have been nice .

multi ethernet ports are a must for what i want to do with it , and I fear it wouldn't be fast enough.

anyway , if I don't find a proper X86-64 mini PC as I originally intended , I might go with this :   http://www.banana-pi.org/r2.html

it cortex A-7 which is not that powerful so I'll keep it as a last resort. 🤷🏻‍♂️