HELP ~URGENT ! files in a folder of external drave dissappeared

dfsgsfa

a hdd in a dock connect through usb, one day whole drive has access denied error, 

after adding back permission to …auth users / system /adminstators , most appeared again.

HOWEVER SOME FILES IN FOLDER ARE STILL MISSING

plz help.. thx in adv

7 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

a hdd in a dock connect through usb, one day whole drive has access denied error, 

after adding back permission to …auth users / system /adminstators , most appeared again.

HOWEVER SOME FILES IN FOLDER ARE STILL MISSING

plz help.. thx in adv

If the data is really important then stop using the drive immediately and send it off to a professional data recovery center. 

Otherwise (if you are willing to take the risk of lowering/eliminating your or even a professional's chances of being able to access the data), you may want to try a third party software recovery tool at your own risk:        https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

What kind of external dock drive is this?  I had a weird issue two weeks ago with a Seagate external back up drive.  It looked to be totally dead, no power at all.  I bought a new power cord but it still would not start up.  I broke the case apart and took installed the 2TB hard drive in another PC.  It functioned fine so there was some problem with the connection cable.  This looks to be different from your problem but points out that weird things happen with external drives.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

57 minutes ago, Alan G said:

kind of external dock drive is this

its a 2tb wd green on a orico bay