why is this "illegal"??

therussianpotato

hey i was att  a museum and i heard that you werent alloud to take pictures why? 

i dont get it 

and just cuz im a bad ass i took some :P

here you go and if you know why pleas tell me 

post-37270-0-17203500-1393495056_thumb.j

post-37270-0-36161400-1393495123_thumb.j

@therussianpotato

1. the light from a flash actually damages old paintings and sculptures, especially when you start to add up the thousands of people that would end up taking pictures every day

2. Flashes are annoying, and even without flash, taking pictures is distracting. In a museum people should appreciate the art and we don't want to hear annoying shutter sounds and people to stay in front of an exhibit for hours just taking pictures from all angles. 

3. Some museums might not want pictures to "leak" so to say, because some people will decide to not come to the museum because they already know what it looks like inside due to online pics.

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

So that's why a bandaged zombie is banging on my door..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Museums get donations and money from visitors, so it's not exactly fair use when you take pictures of their 'property' 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Museums get donations and money from visitors, so it's not exactly fair use when you take pictures of their 'property' 

well its no there property they just display them :P

@therussianpotato

1. the light from a flash actually damages old paintings and sculptures, especially when you start to add up the thousands of people that would end up taking pictures every day

2. Flashes are annoying, and even without flash, taking pictures is distracting. In a museum people should appreciate the art and we don't want to hear annoying shutter sounds and people to stay in front of an exhibit for hours just taking pictures from all angles. 

3. Some museums might not want pictures to "leak" so to say, because some people will decide to not come to the museum because they already know what it looks like inside due to online pics.

Both of these ^

also this is probably really unrealistic and so like out of a movie but they could be eyeing something they want to steal take pictures of security etc.

that's why I put property in '',''

some of it is their property legally though.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Both of these ^

also this is probably really unrealistic and so like out of a movie but they could be eyeing something they want to steal take pictures of security etc.

well its not really that unrealistic... i guess

hey i was att  a museum and i heard that you werent alloud to take pictures why? 

i dont get it 

and just cuz im a bad ass i took some :P

here you go and if you know why pleas tell me 

"No harm came ever from taking pictures!" (No harm ever came by reading a book)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

"No harm came ever from taking pictures!" (No harm ever came by reading a book)

dont really get it.. 

most of the time they do own the artwork, so it is their property.

Also, a majority of the time, the art is donated by people who had art collections and died or smthg. It's rare for a museum to actually outright purchase a painting art. Otherwise, muesums often have exchanges with other museums for free or they might lease an artwork for a couple months to display in their miseum. 

most of the time they do own the artwork, so it is their property.

Also, a majority of the time, the art is donated by people who had art collections and died or smthg. It's rare for a museum to actually outright purchase a painting art. Otherwise, muesums often have exchanges with other museums for free or they might lease an artwork for a couple months to display in their miseum. 

i know it says if its a replica.

I don't think it's "illegal," but like others have said. Museums rely on ticket revenue/donations. Why would people come to your museum if they can just go on the interwebz?

fist WOW!!!! they are r amazing i wish i could go there 

2nd  aaaaaah its already answered above me 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

fist WOW!!!! they are r amazing i wish i could go there 

2nd  aaaaaah its already answered above me 

what is amazing? :o

I don't think it's "illegal," but like others have said. Museums rely on ticket revenue/donations. Why would people come to your museum if they can just go on the interwebz?

While I agree with you, seeing it in person is still different though, you see a lot more detail and all that. 

With your argument we could also ask why people ever go travel around the world when they have access to google street view, youtube videos, and pictures. 

While I agree with you, seeing it in person is still different though, you see a lot more detail and all that. 

With your argument we could also ask why people ever go travel around the world when they have access to google street view, youtube videos, and pictures. 

well its the feeling i guess

dont really get it.. 

This was a dialogue from the movie "The Mummy Returns". 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

No, because no one travels the world just to see the view. The idea is that your infringing on their ability to make revenue, plus it's a courtesy thing. You don't go taking pictures during a play, do you? While not the same thing, you're interfering with other people's ability to enjoy it.