Broken Film camera Repair?

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

It really forces you to slow down and think about what you are doing. Between film and dev costs, it's 60$ each time I pull the trigger.

This, for example is what happens when you are not paying attention.

Double exposure, and that was an expensive mistake. (spoilered for being mildly racy)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_48771.jpg.a6436e04759285fbc79f954adb1ce29d.jpg

Very artsy...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

39 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Very artsy...

Thank you. Because of the bulk and the fiddly nature of the camera, it's best suited to portraiture work in the studio. AT my best, loading the film in a camera bag by feel, then loading, composing, and shooting, takes about 30 minutes. Gotta have a patient subject! 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thank you. Because of the bulk and the fiddly nature of the camera, it's best suited to portraiture work in the studio. AT my best, loading the film in a camera bag by feel, then loading, composing, and shooting, takes about 30 minutes. Gotta have a patient subject! 

That's what you have an assistant for...  :D

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

So true. I once carried a 4x5 camera in a wooden carry box, a heavy tripod, a camera bag with half a dozen film holders, a changing bag, a box of film, and various other bits and bobs around for an entire afternoon and I would totally have appreciated an assistant or two. 4x5 photography is expensive, but the results are amazing. 

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Keep practicing, you will get faster. I only use my change bag when I travel, but I can unload/reload 6 holders in about 5 minutes. I do agree about monorail cameras working best in studio. I love that my Chamonix fits in a domke f2 shoulder bag with everything I need for an afternoon shoot. Can't do that with a cambo.