Sound Card for Sennheiser PC350

Wesley

Hey just ordered the Sennheiser PC350 as i've been looking for a new headset i couldn't help myself they where in flash sale on NCIX Canada for 119.99 i thought that was a good price and heard alot of good things about these.  But i have onboard sound which will not cut it my last headset was 7.1 virtual usb.  Could somone suggest a sound card that will make use of this headset but not break the bank on me will i need to buy a expensive sound card to compliment the Sennheiser PC350 or will something more cost effective do almost just as good a job?

Thanks.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Just use your on board it should be fine or get an E10.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Yeah, I'd personally recommend a Fiio E10. Pretty cheap and its external.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Just use your on board it should be fine or get an E10.

Would the E11 be just as good as the E10 does not have a MIC input where the E11 does

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Hey just ordered the Sennheiser PC350 as i've been looking for a new headset i couldn't help myself they where in flash sale on NCIX Canada for 119.99 i thought that was a good price and heard alot of good things about these.  But i have onboard sound which will not cut it my last headset was 7.1 virtual usb.  Could somone suggest a sound card that will make use of this headset but not break the bank on me will i need to buy a expensive sound card to compliment the Sennheiser PC350 or will something more cost effective do almost just as good a job?

Thanks.

onboard sound should be more than enough for your usage. Only reason why I would get an external dac is if the hiss with your motherboard on board audio is too annoying (these days on newer motherboards you can't really hear it). Just use onboard audio, and it should be more than good enough.

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Would the E11 be just as good as the E10 does not have a MIC input where the E11 does

E11 is not that good IMO. And I wouldn't buy either with a pair of $100 Senny headphones. It seems kind of silly to spend just as much for a dac/amp combo as the headphones themselves. 

PC350 will not need an amp, and you can get really cheap external dacs (i'm talking less than 20$) that won't hiss like some motherboard audio.

Like I said I highly recommend you try it with the onboard audio first. Usually rear io has less hiss or no hiss compared to the front panel audio connector

E11 is not that good IMO. And I wouldn't buy either with a pair of $100 Senny headphones. It seems kind of silly to spend just as much for a dac/amp combo as the headphones themselves. 

PC350 will not need an amp, and you can get really cheap external dacs (i'm talking less than 20$) that won't hiss like some motherboard audio.

Like I said I highly recommend you try it with the onboard audio first. Usually rear io has less hiss or no hiss compared to the front panel audio connector

I have had some analog headphones as well and had terrible hiss from the rear inputs so i will have to get something.  Any reccomendation on something cheap then?  I'd get like interferance when like moving my mouse and crap like that.

I have had some analog headphones as well and had terrible hiss from the rear inputs so i will have to get something.  Any reccomendation on something cheap then?  I'd get like interferance when like moving my mouse and crap like that.

this cannot be beaten as far as dacs for anywhere near that price, it's a Chinese clone (with the same components) as more expensive dacs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSE-AUDIO-X5-MINI-HIFI-USB-DAC-PCM2704-SOUND-CARD-BOARD-BLACK-/130907884865?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item1e7ab7cd41

However it doesn't have a mic input, so if you want that, you can get something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-SoundBlaster-X-Fi-Go-Pro-USB-SB1290-Sound-Card-70SB129000000-/181265822854?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item2a3448f486

It's not as good as the muse, but it's basically like a usb stick so it's more portable and it has the mic input. They also sell that one on amazon, but it's $10 more expensive there. I bought this one myself a couple years back and it's not bad at all for the price.

Cool thanks for the suggestions.... Would a Asus Xonar DGX do the job?  I'm kinda just looking for a solution i can integrate into my system then have it dangle off it.

The E11 is a battery powered potable amp for smart phones not a DAC/Amp for a computer.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

unless that has an amp other than what's in the pcm2704, that won't be able to drive headphones well at all.

read my skeletondac review in sig. it uses the same chip.

@ShearMe has some new syba thing he might recommend.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Wesley, on 27 Feb 2014 - 2:38 PM, said:

Cool thanks for the suggestions.... Would a Asus Xonar DGX do the job?  I'm kinda just looking for a solution i can integrate into my system then have it dangle off it.

If you said you have interference hiss when using the onboard, would getting a DGX be just the same as using the onboard cause you're going to put it right back into the source of the issue which is the pc case internal?