Refrigerating AA, AAA, and 9 Volt Batteries

Boomwebsearch

Hi LinusTechTips Community,

I herd that putting alkaline batteries in the refrigerator will help them last longer (less charge loss overtime), although I am concerned that the colder than room temperatures will cause condensation to build up inside of the batteries, should I put alkaline batteries in the fridge to help them last longer and should I get a dedicated thermoelectric mini fridge ($20 USD) or is it fine to keep in regular refrigerator with food?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,

@Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

17 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Unless you're buying 4000 at a time in bulk for a TV remote you're probably not going to be throwing any away due to exceeding ths shelf life ;)

16 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

That's right, but before use, take the batteries to room temperature a day in advance.

Films can also be stored this way for longer, but nobody uses anymore film cameras 🤥

16 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

*snip*

My Samsung Plasma TV remote uses 2 AAA batteries, and for some reason the stores sells 8 of them in a package at least (LOL, they have larger packs of 32 and even 60 batteries). Since 2 of them lasts a few months, would the other 6 of them last any longer if kept in the fridge and could that damage them?

Replacement UN65EH6000 UN65EH6000F UN65EH6000FXZA For Samsung TV ...

Edited by wkdpaul

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

3 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Hi LinusTechTips Community,

I herd that putting alkaline batteries in the refrigerator will help them last longer (less charge loss overtime), although I am concerned that the colder than room temperatures will cause condensation to build up inside of the batteries, should I put alkaline batteries in the fridge to help them last longer and should I get a dedicated thermoelectric mini fridge ($20 USD) or is it fine to keep in regular refrigerator with food?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,

@Boomwebsearch

I wouldn’t bother, they have a shelf life of like 10 years anyway, at least good ones do.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

There is also that. I don't have them. Anyway keep batteries at room temperature to be safe, and not under -5°C, they degrade faster, most of batteries anyway

Screenshot_20200618-094043.jpg