laptop crused completely

i had made a discusion yesterday in this forum so i learn what os should i install in my laptop and i said that i would install linux mint. i went ahead and instaled it in the laptop and i restarted so i get the booting screen to linux but linux never open insted windows re opened and got a blue screen saying that it will restart and auto correct the mistake the auto correct didnt work and it suggested i format my pc i said yes and it started formating but the format stoped mid way to say to me that the format  was anable to continue and that it will continue to windows but windows were corrupted and the same circle happend around ten times. so i dicided to boot from my usb flass drive that i had windows on it. so i went to the bios selected my usb flass drive and booted only to see that the boot was not continuing it just stayed in a screen showing a dush and nothing else i tryed ressing enter nothing and i re booted with the same usb i got to the same screen and for a split second i saw the windows logo only to fade into the darkness. what can i do

Just now, Ubuntu is love said:

i saw the vid right after i did every thing else

5 minutes ago, Jasonbas said:

i saw the vid right after i did every thing else

Then you know, that you did not install Mint the right way. But that you corrupted the windows installation you had on there. If you make a mint install usb on another computer. You can install mint. If you don't want your windows anymore (its corrupt anyway) you can remove those partitions too. (Just follow the vid)

Also you said to me yesterday in that post, that you where not 60y and it was not a hard learning curve.....

Then you know, that you did not install Mint the right way. But that you corrupted the windows installation you had on there. If you make a mint install usb on another computer. You can install mint. If you don't want your windows anymore (its corrupt anyway) you can remove those partitions too.

Also you said to me yesterday in that post, that you where not 60y and it was not a hard learning curve.....

yes but i dont want to currupt an other windows divice

Just now, Jasonbas said:

yes but i dont want to currupt an other windows divice

You don't install it on the other divice....

1 minute ago, Ubuntu is love said:

You switch from pc, at 4min (so you put the usb flashdrive that you made into your notebook that you broke)

1 minute ago, Ubuntu is love said:

yes you make a bootable usb but i am scared of it

Just now, Jasonbas said:

From mistakes you learn, but always try to fix them

From mistakes you learn, but always try to fix them

yes how do i un corrupt my windows so i can fix it

1 minute ago, Jasonbas said:

You don't need to be scared. But I would suggest using Rufus for creating media. It's fast and the interface is very easy to understand. It doesn't even need to be installed. Also, it has a Greek translation.

1. Head over to Rufus project website: https://rufus.ie/
  2. Download Rufus in the download section.
  3. Run the executable you just downloaded.
  4. In the Rufus window, just select the device (it will only list removable devices) - the USB flash drive which you want to use. Then select the Linux Mint ISO installation image. Leave other options untouched, defaults are fine.
  5. Click Start and wait for it to finish.
  6. Your media is now ready to use, remove it and continue with the installation.

When asked about 3rd party software, you should check the box - this will allow not open-source drivers which are usually better for newbies - less hassle. Since you corrupted your Windows installation, when asked how to install Mint, just choose erase disk and install Mint - this will erase the whole disk - any files that you had there will be GONE.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

11 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I don´t know why people recommend linux to non techies. It is just bad advice

Who recommended Linux? OP tried it on their own.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

1 minute ago, redteam4ever said:

SNIP

Fair enough

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

they recommended to me yesterday

i dont want linux any more i want my windows back

18 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I don´t know why people recommend linux to non techies. It is just bad advice

i want to become one but i am still  15 and have alot to learn i started watching linus 5-6 months now and i love tech

i dont want linux any more i want my windows back

2 minutes ago, Jasonbas said:

they recommended to me yesterday

The recommendation still stands, newer Windows is always heavier on the resources. You said that you want to use it for web which implies that you need a secure OS, not the old unsupported Windows that won't receive security updates. If you want Windows, 7 is the best for your hardware, 10 is just too resource heavy. W7 support already ended, so Linux is better for your own security.

OS installations fail, that's just inevitable. Try again, you can always get back to Windows if it doesn't work. OS installation fails will not brick your laptop, there is nothing to worry about. You just cannot expect keeping your files, I want to make that clear.

2 minutes ago, redteam4ever said:

The recommendation still stands, newer Windows is always heavier on the resources. You said that you want to use it for web which implies that you need a secure OS, not the old unsupported Windows that won't receive security updates. If you want Windows, 7 is the best for your hardware, 10 is just too resource heavy. W7 support already ended, so Linux is better for your own security.

OS installations fail, that's just inevitable. Try again, you can always get back to Windows if it doesn't work. OS installation fails will not brick your laptop, there is nothing to worry about. You just cannot expect keeping your files, I want to make that clear.

i dont want to fail my primary pc too

I recommend not reinstalling it right now, maybe watch some video's how other people do so. And if you are a little familiar with it. trying it again.

I recommend not reinstalling it right now, maybe watch some video's how other people do so. And if you are a little familiar with it. trying it again.

ok but i dont want to brike anything

I've just gone over this. You have two PCs. PC A which is your primary PC. PC B is your laptop where you want to do something about the OS.

PC A has no risk of being damaged. This is a PC where you create your bootable medium. That process consists of downloading the ISO file and running an app that puts the ISO file onto the flash drive. There is no risk.

PC B can only be damaged to the point of losing files. That's all.

But if you want to repair your Windows installation, let us know your Windows version.

2 minutes ago, redteam4ever said:

I've just gone over this. You have two PCs. PC A which is your primary PC. PC B is your laptop where you want to do something about the OS.

PC A has no risk of being damaged. This is a PC where you create your bootable medium. That process consists of downloading the ISO file and running an app that puts the ISO file onto the flash drive. There is no risk.

PC B can only be damaged to the point of losing files. That's all.

But if you want to repair your Windows installation, let us know your Windows version.

ok thanks i want to repair windows. windows 10 latest