very slight fan wobble Gigabyte RTX 2070S

fastfishy2
Go to solution Solved by tarfeef101,

AliExpress is also an option if you have some time to wait. Just take the fan off to get a part number/model (or see it someone already posted that online), and should be as simple as unscrew, unplug, plug new one in, screw it in, and you're done. 

Just got a brand new RTX 2070 Gaming OC from gigabyte, one of the three fans (closest to the display output side) has verrry slight wobble which gets less noticeable the higher speed the fan runs at. It's not making any noise and is running fine. Getting the card fixed or replaced under warranty is not something I really want to do so, is this likely to be much of a problem or is this fine? If not, where can I order a replacement fan as I'd much rather go through that process myself rather than mucking around with the retailer (or god forbid Gigabyte's RMA team especially at this time) over what is otherwise a perfectly fine card.

without getting in too deep: amazon and ebay. 

Maybe do some googling and see if there are any special specs to these fans. Had one of my fans on my Strix 1080ti grenade on me and found a replacement set on ebay. Still works like a charm ;)

AliExpress is also an option if you have some time to wait. Just take the fan off to get a part number/model (or see it someone already posted that online), and should be as simple as unscrew, unplug, plug new one in, screw it in, and you're done. 

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

This is why I like some of xfx’s cards with the quick fan replacement, you twist and pull, pop the new one in, twist to place, and your done.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

26 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

I bought a set of three off Gpufanreplacement.com, 78mm which is the size that comes standard, they're unmarked fans but they appear to be the same as the ones fitted standard so could be OEM. Really just for peace of mind, I doubt anything will go wrong with this ones' fans but if something does then I have the parts needed to fix it.

3 hours ago, fastfishy2 said:

Just got a brand new RTX 2070 Gaming OC from gigabyte, one of the three fans (closest to the display output side) has verrry slight wobble which gets less noticeable the higher speed the fan runs at. It's not making any noise and is running fine. Getting the card fixed or replaced under warranty is not something I really want to do so, is this likely to be much of a problem or is this fine? If not, where can I order a replacement fan as I'd much rather go through that process myself rather than mucking around with the retailer (or god forbid Gigabyte's RMA team especially at this time) over what is otherwise a perfectly fine card.

Is it actually wobbling (has play) or is it just visually wobbling due to a non-centered sticker? Usually when a fan wobbles, you get noise,especially the faster it spins. But you say there is no noise... 

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

Is it actually wobbling (has play) or is it just visually wobbling due to a non-centered sticker? Usually when a fan wobbles, you get noise,especially the faster it spins. But you say there is no noise... 

it definitely visually seems to be wobbling and not just sticker effect, but as I said yeah there is no noise, no clicking or otherwise.