Games closing on their own even after windows re-install

MX26

So, I've been having some issues with my PC for the last month or so, where 2 games would close themselves on their own. 1st it was just Apex, then after playing it for a week Rainbow six also started doing it

The issue at hand is that after some 5-15 minutes the game would just close. No error, no not responding window, and often without an event in the event viewer. Other games like Beat saber, Escape from Tarkov, War thunder and Elite Dangerous work fine from testing (tho i don't play most of those too much, so i might have just not have it happen).

When crashing, there would usually be no event, but i also got variations of this twice now: https://pastebin.com/ib0t1fz9

In the past, i would also get an ESENT Error in the event viewer when R6 crashed, where it couldn't open a log file:

svchost (4196,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

This was fixed by adding the folder, but the resulting logs are gibberish: https://pastebin.com/DY32Q4y8 (a small % of the logs, it all looks the same tho)

Things i have tried so far:

• re-installing both games
  • re-installing their launchers
  • re-installing latest GPU drivers (using DDU)
  • rolling back to old GPU drivers i know worked (using DDU)
  • re-installing windows (through reset PC and keep files)
  • Re-seating ram
  • Running DISM & sfc on both new and old install of windows
  • Running windows memory diagnostic tool
  • Running disk checker on both the OS and game install drives

Planning to re-seat the cpu just in case, but i need to get thermal paste 1st.

I wanted to try running Linux and see if that does something, but neither of the affected games work on Linux (Thanks EAC and BattleEye)

Going to try getting another GPU and swap that out asap.

Here is my system info from DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/L8Pb4yZZ

PSU is a corsair RM650X that's 1 and a half years old

The CPU is overclocked to 4.2 and has been for the past 3 years, the GPU is stock. Both CPU and GPU temps are fine, the GPU usually doesn't go above 80c and the CPU is a bit toasty at up to 95c under prolonged 100% load, but stays below 90 during gameplay.

If anyone has any ideas, i'm all ears. I don't know what to do anymore. 2 games not working isn't a big deal, but both stopped working out of the blue and the fact that a windows re-install didn't fix it makes me kinda uneasy about my system.

For some reason, the keeping all files option in Windows means that there could be something wrong in the file system (maybe). Since resetting windows never solved any of my problems. Instead, I completely wiped the drive and re did windows installation.

*All that hassle made me switch to mac. So, I have no current information on Windows. 

4 minutes ago, MX26 said:

So, I've been having some issues with my PC for the last month or so, where 2 games would close themselves on their own. 1st it was just Apex, then after playing it for a week Rainbow six also started doing it

The issue at hand is that after some 5-15 minutes the game would just close. No error, no not responding window, and often without an event in the event viewer. Other games like Beat saber, Escape from Tarkov, War thunder and Elite Dangerous work fine from testing (tho i don't play most of those too much, so i might have just not have it happen).

When crashing, there would usually be no event, but i also got variations of this twice now: https://pastebin.com/ib0t1fz9

In the past, i would also get an ESENT Error in the event viewer when R6 crashed, where it couldn't open a log file:

svchost (4196,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

This was fixed by adding the folder, but the resulting logs are gibberish: https://pastebin.com/DY32Q4y8 (a small % of the logs, it all looks the same tho)

Things i have tried so far:

• re-installing both games
  • re-installing their launchers
  • re-installing latest GPU drivers (using DDU)
  • rolling back to old GPU drivers i know worked (using DDU)
  • re-installing windows (through reset PC and keep files)
  • Re-seating ram
  • Running DISM & sfc on both new and old install of windows
  • Running windows memory diagnostic tool
  • Running disk checker on both the OS and game install drives

Planning to re-seat the cpu just in case, but i need to get thermal paste 1st.

I wanted to try running Linux and see if that does something, but neither of the affected games work on Linux (Thanks EAC and BattleEye)

Going to try getting another GPU and swap that out asap.

Here is my system info from DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/L8Pb4yZZ

PSU is a corsair RM650X that's 1 and a half years old

The CPU is overclocked to 4.2 and has been for the past 3 years, the GPU is stock. Both CPU and GPU temps are fine, the GPU usually doesn't go above 80c and the CPU is a bit toasty at up to 95c under prolonged 100% load, but stays below 90 during gameplay.

If anyone has any ideas, i'm all ears. I don't know what to do anymore. 2 games not working isn't a big deal, but both stopped working out of the blue and the fact that a windows re-install didn't fix it makes me kinda uneasy about my system.

What is your vcore at for your overclock? You might need to go up on it as maybe it was never 100% stable.

Quote me or @TwilightRavens if you want me to see your reply. I may go inactive for a long time from time to time because I forget how to socialize, but I will be back... eventually.

Main Gaming PC

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X || AsRock X570 Taichi || G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600MHz 2 x 16GB C16 1.35v || AMD Wraith Prism || Phanteks Enthoo Pro E-ATX || Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC || Samsung 970 Evo 250GB NVME SSD & Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME & Crucial 960GB SATA III SSD || EVGA Supernova 750W Platinum PQ || Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 || Gigabyte M27Q 27" 170Hz 1440P & Acer 21.5” 1080p 75hz IPS || Logitech G213 Prodigy || Logitech G502 Hero

Laptop

AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with RadeonGraphics || ASUS TUF A15 ||  DDR4 3200MHz 2 x 8GB C22 1.2v || ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 4G GDDR6 || 512GB NVME M.2 SSD  ||  Ubuntu 22.04.1 (Jammy Jellyfish)

9 minutes ago, TwilightRavens said:

What is your vcore at for your overclock? You might need to go up on it as maybe it was never 100% stable.

Vcore is barely bumped at all. I've been running this for 3 years tho, it handles stress tests perfectly fine and no CPU bound game was ever a problem stability wise. I'll still try a Vcore bump, just in case, but i i doubt that's it.
EDIT: was +0.005v offset, +0.010v still didn't help

12 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

For some reason, the keeping all files option in Windows means that there could be something wrong in the file system (maybe). Since resetting windows never solved any of my problems. Instead, I completely wiped the drive and re did windows installation.

*All that hassle made me switch to mac. So, I have no current information on Windows. 

Problem is i lost my windows key...

Just now, MX26 said:

Vcore is barely bumped at all. I've been running this for 3 years tho, it handles stress tests perfectly fine and no CPU bound game was ever a problem stability wise. I'll still try a Vcore bump, just in case, but i i doubt that's it.

That's not a problem. You can install windows just fine without a key and fully use it. Plus it will autoactivate if the setup was previously activated due to detecting your systems unique id that is linked to the license in a database from microsoft.

As said a reset doesn't work for fixing windows issues 99% of the time best is to just full on reinstall.

3 minutes ago, MX26 said:

I don't think you should have a problem. Linus explains the answer in here: 

And you can get some entertainment out of it while you learn the solution!

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That's not a problem. You can install windows just fine without a key and fully use it. Plus it will autoactivate if the setup was previously activated due to detecting your systems unique id that is linked to the license in a database from microsoft.

As said a reset doesn't work for fixing windows issues 99% of the time best is to just full on reinstall.

Coolio, I remember that there was something about not needing to re-activate, but i wasn't sure if it only applied to reset this PC and didn't want to risk it. Time to find a usb drive and back up my files again i guess

Wiped the drive, completely re-installed windows, did not help, still crashing... :/

Dug out and installed my old R9 290x, seems to have fixed the issue. Haven't had a crash in over half an hour.

Time to RMA the VEGA 56 i guess.

So, turns out it's not the GPU. I've since bought a new GPU (Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+) as i sent the old back, and while new newly acquired RGB really made me feel a lot more gamer, i've got the same issue, it's actually worse now as the PC doesn't just close the game but actually BSOD-s consistently.

The 2 kinds of BSOD-s i've gotten so far are:
System_Service_Exception

KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE

I've tried a different PSU, same issue.

demolished my 3.5 inch bays to put the GPU in the top slot, no dice.

I've tried running furmark for 20 minutes straight, longer than it ever took for me to crash in games, nothing.

I've tried running prime95 blend for 20 minutes, and the CPU got rather toasty but was running fine.

Tried running both for 10 minutes, and again, running fine.
Used intel's processor diagnostic tool, all green.

Going to try running memtest overnight today.

If anyone has an idea, shoot, i just really need anything, anything at all. I just want to know what the hell is going on at this point.