Gpu aio do they exist and where to get one? :)

Hi everyone, looking into getting a aio water cooler for my gpu 980ti its getting above 85c very often on 100% fan speed can i use a aio cpu cooler on it? If not can you point me in the right direction where to buy one unless using extra fans in the case may help it cool down, Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Hidomi said:

Hi everyone, looking into getting a aio water cooler for my gpu 980ti its getting above 85c very often on 100% fan speed can i use a aio cpu cooler on it? If not can you point me in the right direction where to buy one unless using extra fans in the case may help it cool down, Thank you!

There are some 'brackets' that allow you to mount an AIO to your videocard, but those do rely on you have a specific videocard.

Stuff like the Kraken G12 for example

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Depends on the card you have 

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5 reference design

1 minute ago, Fluvous said:

To give you an idea of what to search, I've seen a lot of them marketed as "hybrid" coolers instead of aio. As others said, however, it depends on your card.

Here is an example of one that works with the reference card.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Hybrid-GeForce-Cooling-400-HY-H980-B1/dp/B00V9BX1GO

2 minutes ago, Hidomi said:

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5 reference design

Would this card work then? Im sorry im honestly hopeless with pc's and stuff being compatible 😭

1 minute ago, Hidomi said:

Would this card work then? Im sorry im honestly hopeless with pc's and stuff being compatible 😭

As far as I can tell, yes. I haven't done much with water cooling however, so don't take my word on it.

I have an MSI Armor GTX 1080Ti cooled with kraken g12 and x52. It never goes above 50 degrees celcius considering I have +130Mhz core, 650 mhz memory O.C. and i live in a very hot country. I can't be happier with the results, but you have to get an compatible AIO to use it. This product fully supports your gpu.

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Kraken-G12-Mounting-Compatibility/dp/B06ZZN9N85/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kraken+g12&qid=1592152807&s=electronics&sr=1-1

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X - GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA - Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I - Ram: Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz - CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S - PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum - SSDs: WD Black SN750 500GB w/ EKWB Heatsink - Case: FormD T1

Laptop: 2020 M1 Macbook Air 8/256

Just now, Fuzzyy said:

I have an MSI Armor GTX 1080Ti cooled with kraken g12 and x52. It never goes above 50 degrees celcius considering I have +130Mhz core, 650 mhz memory O.C. and i live in a very hot country. I can't be happier with the results, but you have to get an compatible AIO to use it. This product fully supports your gpu.

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Kraken-G12-Mounting-Compatibility/dp/B06ZZN9N85/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kraken+g12&qid=1592152807&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Ow wow thank you i will look into this, is there any video tutorials on how to swap over to that cooler and take apart my gpu? 😀 

Really appreciate the feedback

1 minute ago, Hidomi said:

Ow wow thank you i will look into this, is there any video tutorials on how to swap over to that cooler and take apart my gpu? 😀 

Really appreciate the feedback

There are many videos on how to do it with a 1080ti and a kraken cooler, so the process will be very similar. I had problems with my installation at first(using not compatible AIO, thanks to some guy on reddit) but after I got the X52, process was very easy. Just make sure to know what you are doing and be careful. Good luck...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X - GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA - Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I - Ram: Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz - CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S - PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum - SSDs: WD Black SN750 500GB w/ EKWB Heatsink - Case: FormD T1

Laptop: 2020 M1 Macbook Air 8/256

6 minutes ago, Fuzzyy said:

There are many videos on how to do it with a 1080ti and a kraken cooler, so the process will be very similar. I had problems with my installation at first(using not compatible AIO, thanks to some guy on reddit) but after I got the X52, process was very easy. Just make sure to know what you are doing and be careful. Good luck...

Thank you!