do you guys think big tech is losing sleep over blockchain?

zombiepixel
On 6/13/2020 at 7:04 PM, zombiepixel said:

i know many things about the blockchain enough to understand how its gonna be big but not enough about 1 thing on the blockchain. this is the reason why i started this post

I understand that you seem to be alternating stances.

Theres “I’m no this guy, I’m just trying to find out” alternating with “NO! It’s THE ONE TRUE WAY!”.  One of them has to be a lie.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

People misunderstand what is Blockchain is, just a log system / audit trail, distributed ledger. Not really a big deal and is not that useful out side of log system / audit trail.  Thing it not: Database, programming language, data storage, server. 

Most website / app,  blockchain is not very useful as other log system work better. 

4 hours ago, A51UK said:

People misunderstand what is Blockchain is, just a log system / audit trail, distributed ledger. Not really a big deal and is not that useful out side of log system / audit trail.  Thing it not: Database, programming language, data storage, server. 

Most website / app,  blockchain is not very useful as other log system work better. 

i had a small misconception that the blockchain becomes the computational resource provider. this is not true. the decentralized computing i should have been referring to is ran off chain. but a marketplace that allows computational resource providers is decentralized. this is a github project that is working on that as we speak.

https://github.com/iExecBlockchainComputing/iexec-sdk

what i think is happening and correct me if i am wrong, is that the blockchain becomes the middleman between applications seeking for computational resources and the providers.

• 1 year later...

I think blockchain is simply an overly complex, convoluted means to partially cover data trails.  One which will do practically nothing to hide identity (its primary purpose) in the face of dedicated opposition.

Conversely, it has done a fantastic job of placing excruciating demands on the power grid; turned tremendous amounts of electricity into heat; and crushed the hopes and dreams of your average PC user--due to the artificially high demand placed on the market.

Speculation has done more to increase the actual value of "mined" crypto/resources than any amount of farming ever has.