PS5 console and controller, headset and camera

26 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Honestly, this was the biggest waste of time. Literally do not need a ps5 for 80 percent of those games. 

Facts. Was just telling my cousin that PS5 at this point will be a year 2 or year 3 buy for me. I want Gran Turismo 7 and GTA 6 which is about 3 years out anyway.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

38 minutes ago, CatCloud said:

Dunno.

Ratchet and Clank 

Demon souls 

Horizon 2

That spaceman and little girl game

Stray. 

Are any of these coming to pc? 

The machine itself is.... Not my flavour. 

Firstly, it is personal preference and opinion. Not a matter of fact. Secondly, i enjoy tactical fps games which none were present for ps5 and 99.9 percent of them are on PC such as Ready or not, Squad, Escape from tarkov.

Ghostwire tokyo and resident evil 8 will eventually be on pc

Horzon zero dawn 1 will be on pc. So it is eventually that number 2 will also be on pc. 

The rest of those cartoony games you can keep 

Right now the Spider-Man game is the only real draw to the system for me. A lot of the other titles with by multipli-platform on release of come to PC eventually. When I do invest in a non-Nintendo next gen console it'll likely be the Playstation due to the exclusives they manage to hold onto.

I'm sure we will see a lot of RPG and anime style games within the first year. It was the same deal with the PS4. So there will be plenty of exclusives to play.

Sadly, those games just don't get enough attention. Sony wants to promote more mainstream games to Western gamers.

Since we're talking about design here (I think), I have to say, I don't like it. 

If I saw these images randomly online, I'd assume it was some fan design, no way it can be real. What the heck is that thing? Xbox Series X is not going to win any design awards, but at least it's simple and in line with Microsoft's design language. The PS5 looks over designed. It will always stand out in our TV stands, and not in a good way. IDK man, at the end of the day we don't buy these systems to admire their beauty, so whatever, but I think they missed the mark there.

(I'm no fanboy of any system and I have PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. I prefer Xbox, but keep PlayStation for exclusives.) 

the games are amazing... but i wish the console had a more subtle look :/. im not saying it's ugly. but i wish it looked more sleek... like how the ps4 looked like at launch.

cant wait for hzd2 :D

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

The only real criticism of the style for me would be that it looks like a consommé damaged in shipping with its outer case peeling off.

With that said, the design is fine, Some will like it, others won’t nd that’s ok. I am not really a fan of the bump for the optical drive as it messes with the lines too much, not really a reason to avoid it though.

Honestly it looks fine and I will give Sony some props for not going with just another black box design.

Eitherway consoles are more than just how “pretty“ they are.

If it was in black it would look like a router

1160678941_MEMEGK.thumb.jpg.7c646e666799996c2a4ea2628a1225b0.jpg

17 hours ago, GAMING KNIBBSE said:

If it was in black it would look like a router

1160678941_MEMEGK.thumb.jpg.7c646e666799996c2a4ea2628a1225b0.jpg

You can get routers that look exactly the same as the PS5

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Regardless of preference in design, it just doesn't look functional. Don't most people set consoles on its side? How are you supposed to lay the ps5 down without it rocking back and forth? It's like if the ps3 didn't have a flat side and just had curves on both sides.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:04 AM, PurplDrank said:

Firstly, it is personal preference and opinion. Not a matter of fact. Secondly, i enjoy tactical fps games which none were present for ps5 and 99.9 percent of them are on PC such as Ready or not, Squad, Escape from tarkov.

Ghostwire tokyo and resident evil 8 will eventually be on pc

Horzon zero dawn 1 will be on pc. So it is eventually that number 2 will also be on pc. 

The rest of those cartoony games you can keep 

Never said otherwise, just pointed out some good games, "cartoony" or not, that probably won't be or might some year later be pc ported. 

On 6/12/2020 at 12:28 AM, Kawaii Koneko said:

I'm sure we will see a lot of RPG and anime style games within the first year. It was the same deal with the PS4. So there will be plenty of exclusives to play.

Sadly, those games just don't get enough attention. Sony wants to promote more mainstream games to Western gamers.

Well, many are not good. They haven't exactly evolved well, most are the same visually and gameplay wise as those back on ps3. It's hard to find hidden gems like Valkyrie Chronicles among the pile of copy pasta. I know people are getting wet over blue protocol and.. Uh.. Something blue harem nonsense the game.

One can hope though, till then demon souls will be my "cartoony" anime game. 

;)

I'm not the biggest fan of the PS5 design.  I don't hate it though.  I wish we got a final design that was more like the mockup of the devkit.  

Spoiler

PlayStation 5 reveal date news: Is there a clue in Shuhei ...

Though I do like the two tone design.  All black just shows dust so easily.  Hell, when I finally bought my PS4, I got the white base model.  My Wii U is the white model.  (yes, I know the white basic model only has 8GB instead of 32GB of internal storage, but all my Wii U games are strictly physical anyways).

I'm at that point that two tone or white looks better than basic bitch boring black... imo.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 6/18/2020 at 7:08 AM, kaiju_wars said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the PS5 design.  I don't hate it though.  I wish we got a final design that was more like the mockup of the devkit.  

Hide contents

PlayStation 5 reveal date news: Is there a clue in Shuhei ...

Though I do like the two tone design.  All black just shows dust so easily.  Hell, when I finally bought my PS4, I got the white base model.  My Wii U is the white model.  (yes, I know the white basic model only has 8GB instead of 32GB of internal storage, but all my Wii U games are strictly physical anyways).

I'm at that point that two tone or white looks better than basic bitch boring black... imo.

That design throws me off like the SP200 from SMSL.