Windows 8 free upgrade from windows vista?

Tristan1972

Hello everyone, first time on this website. Can anyone tell me how I upgrade from windows vista to windows 8 for free?

"Guys how do I upgrade from trash to trash??//?/??/"

Just clean install Windows 10 from a USB. What system is this? Something older would benefit from a light Linux distro.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

"Guys how do I upgrade from trash to trash??//?/??/"

Just clean install Windows 10 from a USB. What system is this? Something older would benefit from a light Linux distro.

XD While a bit harsh I do agree. If a system is that old to be natively running that version of windows you may need to consider something lighter from your OS. Windows 8 was kind of a disaster so I would either go to 10 or if the hardware can't support it find something else. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Just now, Axeonelite said:

XD While a bit harsh I do agree. If a system is that old to be natively running that version of windows you may need to consider something lighter from your OS. Windows 8 was kind of a disaster so I would either go to 10 or if the hardware can't support it find something else. 

Yes, was a bit harsh, and I am contradicting myself as upgrading to Windows 10 is also an upgrade to trash :)

But yes, completely depends on OP's hardware.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 minutes ago, Tristan1972 said:

Hello everyone, first time on this website. Can anyone tell me how I upgrade from windows vista to windows 8 for free?

Why 8?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yes, was a bit harsh, and I am contradicting myself as upgrading to Windows 10 is also an upgrade to trash :)

But yes, completely depends on OP's hardware

XD well is modern trash better than vintage trash? I'd like to think so, but it Depends who the collector is I guess. Or the junkyard I should say. 

**EDIT** This comment applys only to the OS discussion at hand I am a bit fan of vintage hardware and the preservation of such. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

I don't think there is a free vista to 8 anymore

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

15 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Why 8?

I do hate windows 8, but if I jump to windows 8, I will get the free upgrade to 10.

28 minutes ago, Tristan1972 said:

Well, where do I get a product key so I can get windows 10 for free? (A legit product key)

4 minutes ago, Tristan1972 said:

I do hate windows 8, but if I jump to windows 8, I will get the free upgrade to 10.

So can 7. All you have to do is find a PC with a Windows 7 COA on it and use that COA when you install Windows 10. Now, where are you going to find a 10-year-old computer that the owner doesn't want anymore? Hmmmm...

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

you can get a windows 10 pro license off ebay for like 5-6$. they are legit, bought almost 20 now w/o a dud so far.

you could also just install without a key and use it like normal lol

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

you can get a windows 10 pro license off ebay for like 5-6$. they are legit, bought almost 20 now w/o a dud so far.

Agreed

Just buy a legit key

I mean, assuming this system can even run 10

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

1 minute ago, NZKshatriya said:

Agreed

Just buy a legit key

I mean, assuming this system can even run 10

i mean, in my experience windows 10 requires less resources than windows 8. i've put windows ten on some ridiculously low spec builds just to see if it could lol.

4 hours ago, NZKshatriya said:

I don't think there is a free vista to 8 anymore

Was there ever? I don't think I've heard free upgrade being a thing before Win10. Previous versions had upgrade price which was some 50% of the full price.

4 hours ago, Tristan1972 said:

Doesn't work like that. Your key is for Vista, and will be after your upgrade. You will need Win7/8/.1 key to qualify.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Was there ever? I don't think I've heard free upgrade being a thing before Win10. Previous versions had upgrade price which was some 50% of the full price.

Doesn't work like that. Your key is for Vista, and will be after your upgrade. You will need Win7/8/.1 key to qualify.

No, there doesn't seem to have ever been a Vista to 8 free program.

If there was a free upgrade, it would have been to 7.

And then when 10 was launched, 7, 8 and 8.1 users got a free upgrade to 10.