Choosing a new TV

trace6x

I'm wondering about LCD or OLED or QLED.

Will an LCD TV ever match up to the image quality of an OLED TV?

Is there much difference in a low end 4k LCD display and a high end 4k LCD display?

What is a good good midrange option for televisions these days? I'd be watching movies and TV, not much gaming.

Any advice?

The best TV for you is dependent on budget, the type of content you will be viewing on it and your ambient environment (light), care to fill in the blanks?

7 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

The best TV for you is dependent on budget, the type of content you will be viewing on it and your ambient environment (light), care to fill in the blanks?

My budget is around £500 $600ish, although if it's worth spending more on something significantly better I might consider. I'll be watching movies on blu ray (or blu ray rips), netflix and the ambient light is low level living room lighting from lamps.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, trace6x said:

My budget is around £500 $600ish, although if it's worth spending more on something significantly better I might consider. I'll be watching movies on blu ray (or blu ray rips), netflix and the ambient light is low level living room lighting from lamps.

Thanks!

An OLED TV would be ideal for your setup but I don't think it's in your budget. You can probably get an older model LG OLED (B8) for about 1000~ USD, the older models and newer models are quite similar.

I generally work off a pretty basic criteria for reccomending TV's:

• High ambient light + watching sports OR you want a large size 65"+ OR you watch lots of regular TV that has static images and leave your TV on for background noise = LCD
  • Low/medium ambient light + watching movies/tv = OLED