King abandons 'Candy' trademark... in the US

So the infamous "candy" trademark fiasco is apparently over as far as the US copyright system is concerned as King has abandoned it's application to trademark the word 'candy" after buying Candy Crusher to try to subvert the copyrights of other games from other developers.

That said, King does have the trademark to the word 'candy' in Europe.

Source: http://kotaku.com/candy-crush-makers-dont-want-to-trademark-candy-anym-1530680632

the-grinch-grin.gif

Good, goood :D

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

This does not affect our E.U. trademark for Candy and we continue to take all appropriate steps to protect our IP.

Thinking about releasing Candytious Candy Candyland Candy CandyCraze Candy Candy Tappy Tap Candy mobile game next week. Fuck them.

Thinking about releasing Candytious Candy Candyland Candy CandyCraze Candy Candy Tappy Tap Candy mobile game next week. Fuck them.

Yay dat franky pic. and yes, screw them

Nothing to see here, move along

Finally these idiots realize they don't own the world because they made a stupid iOS app. It is about time this came to an end.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I am still lost how they could trademark 'candy' specifically. I get it if they were trying for 'Candy Crush', even 'crush saga' but not candy for trademark purposes.

Aw, darn-it, I was planning on starting on a shooter under the name too.

....Well, then again, Candy Ass Candy Eater still is a funny name.

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

This is just stupid, I think we should all use squarespace 2 week trial thing to make as many website with the word candy in them, with pages filled with candy everywhere!